Chapter 4

Math. Lucy wasn't too fond of it, though she found it rather easy.
She jogged across the hallway, avoiding slamming into all the talkative teenagers. Being late to her first class isn't her cup of tea.
Lucy opened the door slowly and dashed to a seat. 'I'm the only one here so far? ..' Wow. She thought in her head.
Her thoughts were interrupted by a bell and crowd of people walking in. People at this school were lazy, as usual.
Lucy fiddled with her pencil, sighing softly. Even the teacher was late.
She felt a small tap on her shoulder and she let out a squeal. It startled her, very much.
"W-Whaa..?!"
"Heh.. You're easy to scare." A familiar voice commented.
Lucy turned around to face the salmon haired boy, with a frown on her face. "Natsu.. It's not nice to scare people!" She scolded.
"It's funny though.." Natsu snickered.
She groaned and faced towards the front of the room.
The teacher, surprisingly, was already sitting at his desk.
Natsu quickly took a seat next to Lucy. Mr. Clive scanned his laptop carefully, staying silent.
".. What is he doing?" Lucy whispered.
The entire room was silent and the teacher was as well.
"Please open your text books out to page one." The teacher ordered in a dull tone.
Natsu raised his hand and then spoke right afterwards. "Mr. Clive. We don't even have textbooks yet."
Mr. Clive's eyes darted to Natsu. "Then go to the library and get them, kid."
Natsu nodded slowly, as well as all the other students.
They all stood still until Mr. Clive gave them the gesture to go get it.
Lucy got up off her chair, slowly. "Well then.. He's kind of.."
"-Boring." Natsu finished, saying that louder than intended.
Mr. Clive raised his head slowly, looking at Natsu, dead in the eye.
"I may be older than you but I am not deaf."
"Yes, sir. I apologize. He's tired today." Lucy answered for him and dragged him towards the schools library.
"Oi! Slow down! You're gonna rip my shirt!" Natsu scowled.
Lucy rolled her eyes, sighing softly. "We need to quickly get our textbooks and then go back."
".. Or we can skip."
Lucy turned towards him slowly. "No."
He pouted. "Why nottt? It'll be fun~"
"No way. Find someone else to do that with."
"That's what she said." Natsu coughed, smirking.
"Wow. Who knew an idiot like you would know about sexual jokes?"
Lucy grumbled.
"Oi! What's that supposed to mean?!"
"It means you're an idiot." Lucy repeated, entering the library.
Natsu peeked over her shoulder as she searched for the right one. She quickly grabbed two and signed them out with him.
"Alright.. Now let's hurry back!" Lucy ordered.
Natsu chuckled at her eagerness. "Fine." He grabbed her hand and dashed back to the classroom. Pulling Lucy along with him.

They quietly crept in and found their seats.
Mr. Clive gave them an approving look, since they actually came back.
Lucy panted lightly. "Did you have to run that fast?" She questioned.
"I was jogging." He blinked.
"N-No!" Lucy argued, crossing her arms.
"Don't be lazy~" Natsu teased.
"Yeah.." He smirked.
Before she could argue further, the bell rang. She jumped a little in her seat. "That was fast.."
"Yeah, it was." Natsu nodded, getting up. "C'mon, Luce. It's my favorite time of day.. Lunch time." He licked his lips. He dashed down to the cafeteria to get food. Lucy sighed and followed him, smiling slightly.