Epilogue

October 24, 2027

"Dad!" Tate yelled as he ran into my room.

"Daddy!" Violet yelled to wake me up.

"What?" I asked as the jumped onto my bed, standing on it.

"Today's our twelfth birthday!" They exclaimed in sync. They did that so much.

"Happy birthday guys," I pulled on their legs and they came tumbling down, landing beside me.

"And you know what's special about our twelfth birthday?" Violet asked.

"And what's that?"

"You promised us when we were really little that we would get to meet mum when we turned twelve!" Tate was excited.

"Yes, yes I did. I forgot about that."

"So when are we meeting mum?"

"I'll take you guys to see her after we go for lunch, okay?" They nodded.

------

Right before we left, I got a call from Michael.

"Hey Mikey!!" I exclaimed into the phone.

"Hey Cal. I was wondering if you could keep Lycas and Caleb today?" He asked.

"What about Asher?"

"I promised to take her for a little daddy-daughter day today," he explained.

"Oh okay. What about Katie?"

"She's spending the day visiting her sister."

"Okay. I'm sorry Mikey, I would help you, but today is the twins' birthday, and I am taking them to meet their mum."

"That's fine. I'll just ask Luke and Victoria. I'm sure Kai would love having Lycas and Caleb over. And can you put me on speaker quickly?"

"Sure," I told him, "you're on speaker."

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR TATE AND VIOLET!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOOOUU!!" Michael screamed into the phone.

"Uncle Mikey!!" Violet exclaimed.

"Thanks uncle Mikey!" Tate smiled.

"Bye Mike," I said into the phone.

"BYE GUYS!" He screamed and hung up.

"Let's go," I walked out of the door with the twins trailing closely behind me.

------

After lunch, I begin to drive Tare and Violet to the cemetery where Hayley was buried. I had her journal in my hands.

"Dad, where are we going?" They both ask.

"You said you wanted to meet your mum," I said, almost crying.

"What are you talking about, dad?" Tate asked as we got out. I didn't respond until we got to her grave.

"Here's your mum," I told them.

"Sh-she's dead?" Violet began crying. I nodded.

"All I want is mum," Violet cried into me.

"Here, read this," I opened to the page that Hayley had written the letter to them on. Violet smiled, as did Tate.

"I miss you.." I could hear Hayley's voice, "I love you."

"I love you too," I whispered back.

"We have beautiful children.." Her voice drifted off.

"We do," I smiled at my two children, reading something from their mum. I loved them and her so much.

~

THE END!!