Chapter 26

Eleanor's P.O.V.

I was in the same meadow again, but there was no one there.

"Hello?" I called out, my voice echoing, but no one replied. "Hello? The two voices?" I yelled out. "They are not here, dear." A femine voice said.

Startled, I looked up. "Wha?" I said. She was beautiful. Floor lengthen dress, hair in a neat bun, not a single hair out of place.

"You look familiar." I said, rubbing my chin. "I made sure you did not remember me." She asked confused, I looked up once again, before shrugging. "Oh! You're from the paintings or pictures I see around the pack house!" 

She laughed, "Ah yes. I am the creator of the wolves, they are my children." She said, bluntly. "So? Do you have a name?" I asked, "Yes, I do. It's Serena."

"Wait, wait. Let me get this straight, you're the one who made the first werewolf, right?" I asked, "Yes, indeed."

"What do you do then? I mean, there are enough werewolves already, more probably coming too." I questioned. 

"I watch them and pair werewolves to their mates. For you example, Ashton and you, I paired you with him."

"Wait, you said something about me that you made sure I didn't remember? What is that about?" I asked. She shook her head, "If I do speak of it, it will trigger you and you will remember everything, I will not allow that."

I just nodded my head, "So why am I doing here?" I asked, I was pretty sure I was knocked out in the real world.

"Yes, yes. You are here because you are dying." She said, bluntly again. I looked at my exposed skin and saw the marks swirling around my arm and down my legs.

"Is there anyway to stop it?" I asked, not wanting to die so young and because of Ashton, my friends, my pack and my brother.

"I'm afraid nothing you can do." Serena said.

"What?! There has to be something we can do!" I yelled. She shook her head, "Being angry will only make your death worse."

'Just calm down.' A little voice in my head said. I listened and took deep breaths.

"So I have to wait here until I die?" I asked. "Well, your friends may be able to cure you, but you can not cure yourself."

I nodded my head, "What is the cure?" I asked. "I'm afraid I can not tell you that either."

I sighed and sat down on the tall grass. "Can you at least poof a chair? This grass is itching me."

She laughed again, before a chair popped out of no where, "Here, take a seat." She said. "Thank you."

----

I was stuck here for who knows how long. I watched as the black marks stretch out more going down my feet.

I sighed, "Can you at least make me a ghost so I can see them one last time?" I asked.

Serena nodded her head, "As you wish."

The meadow disappeared and was replaced somewhere in the pack house.

I saw them, Ashton, Addison, Rae, Roxy, Skylar, everyone. I saw two familiar people with them too, I stepped down onto the floor and walked through people.

I went up to them, inspecting them. "I-Is this my mom and dad?" I asked Serena. I looked behind me, but no one was there, "Yes, darling, they are." A voice said. 

I went to touch them, but my hands went through their faces. I went up to Addison and saw that she was crying next to my body on the bed.

Guilt started to rise in me, this is my fault that they are like this, it's my fault. I felt tears starting to build up, I didn't hold it in, I let it fall down the checks and on the floor.

I saw Ashton in a corner, head in his hands, mumbling thing I couldn't hear. I could see the tears on his pants, and him shaking violently.

More guilt was building up, all I wanted to do was hug them all and say that I was okay. My heart hurt when I thought about me leaving them.

I collapsed onto the floor, making no sound. I couldn't breathe, it was like someone was suffocating me, but no one was.

I saw my heart monitor go to a flat line, everyone panicking. I couldn't yell out for help, I felt like everything was shutting down, and it was.

-----

Ashton's P.O.V.

When I saw her heart monitor go to a flat line, I jumped up on my feet and yelled out for the nurses and doctors. I saw Rae trying to claw his way through, but Elliot and Carter was holding him back.

The doctors started right away, ushering everyone out. I complied, because I didn't want to loose her. My wolf was growling and snapping at everyone, but only low growls came out of my throat.

He was just clawing in my mind, wanting to rip out every single person in this room, limb from limb.

'MATE! I WANT MATE!' He growled. He wanted to go for a run, but I didn't want her parents to think I was a douche going on a run when their daughter's condition is this way.

'I want my mate too.' I said quietly, my wolf whimpered then let out a shaky howl.

Nurses and doctors rushed in her room, some coming out. We waited hours, but no reports on her condition.

I saw Rae trying to sneak in, but was always caught by one of the nurses or doctors, or Elliot. Rae held his mate close to him, not wanting her to think that she wasn't there at all.

A doctor came out of the room looking weary. He removed his glasses, wiped his forehead with a napkin before wiping his glasses on his coat.

He put on his glasses before talking, "We did everything we could," he breathed out, "but we found nothing to help her, all of us doctors researched, but nothing appeared. There was no cure, and even more as, there was no disease." He explained.

"What happened to Eleanor?" Addison said, with puffy red eyes. He looked away from all of us bowing his head, "I'm afraid-" I cut him off by barging into the room. The nurses yelled out a surprised scream, but I didn't care.

I walked up to Eleanor, her bight face was now pale, her shining eyes was hidden away beneath those eyelids, and her beautiful smile was replaced with a straight line of her lips.

I cried, once again, my wolf whimpering and howling. I thought of the many things we could have still done, we could have went on dates, gotten married, children. Everything a normal werewolf would have. A life.

But it was shattered by those filthy rouges. I balled my hands up, careful not to hurt my mate.

It was all those rouges fault. All the blame is to them. Hatred filled me. They took away everything I had ever wanted. A mate, a family, hope, love.

I could feel my wolf taking over.

It's all because of them. They won't ever get away. Not until I make sure they know the pain of them loosing their mate, their children, everything they took away from me. 

----