Caught Red handed

(Mabel's pov)

I noticed a shift in the room, there was something coming closer to the bed. I laid there hearing what was going on at first keeping my eyes closed but then I heard a sigh. It was light but I could tell it was coming from right across the bed. I opened my eyes to see (f/n) at first I was super happy that she was awake finally , she had me so worried and dipper was stress eating his shirt earlier! I was going to jump up and hug her but then I noticed what she was doing... She was taking the journal.. More like looking through it . I saw her put it back but she had something in her hand, I can't believe (f/n) ! She's stealing from dipper !

I called her out on it as soon as she started walking back to her bed. She told me it was nothing but I knew what it was. She told me she would explain herself in the morning.
" what is it that you can't tell me now (f/n)! " I started to yell before she covered my mouth with her free hand and shushed me.

" ok ok ... Look .. I may have made a deal with Bill again.. Shhh, don't tell dipper ok . He'd kill me I know it.. He already scares me so much Mabel... A-and .." She started to cry, even though it was still dark outside I could feel her tear drops hitting my blanket.

" mufffmk" I tried to speak but it was all muffled by her hand. She took her hand off my mouth and I sighed calming down with a worried look.

" (f/n) ... You know bill is evil.. And dippers just trying to protect you.. I know he wouldn't kill you.. " i wiped her tears away and hugged her close.

" what does Bill want now?.. "

" h-he wants a book from the library.. But the key to get the book was in the journal.. Tha-that's why.." She started crying a little harder , she was shaking violently.. I can tell she's really scared now. I felt bad.

" ok ... I won't tell dipper.. But I'll go with you to the library tomorrow to get the book so dipper doesn't know anything. " I whisper.

" o-ok Mabel" she stuttered in between sobs and quiet sniffling.

" don't cry anymore ok ? I'll try to hide this all from dipper. But you'll have to sneak the key back in the journal after we get the book. I'll distract dipper when the time comes but we have to get him away from the journal before that." She sniffed and nodded at my words.

" o-ok... Thank you Mabel " she smiled forcefully through tears.

" you should get some more sleep .. You had a bad fever earlier..your probably still weak from it.... Put on a sweater too.. It's cold tonight" I pay her back lightly before letting go of her as she nodded. I went back to lay down and cuddle up to waddles who was asleep the whole time.

(Your pov)

You had just been caught by Mabel and explained everything to her. Your emotions were so mixed up and you were so scared dipper would wake up and find out what you had done that you started to cry. Mabel understood why you were doing what you did and let you go off Scott free. You went back to your "bed" and sat down. You reached into one of your bags to take out the sweater bill had given you a while back and slipped it on before curling up under the covers.

You could hear dippers light snores still and it made you feel guilty. You did steal the key from him just now. You tucked the key under your pillow as you got comfortable. You couldn't sleep for a while , you just looked at the darkness of the room while feeling guilty, you knew you had to do it or bill would have done something horrible to you... Maybe. You didn't really know what he would do. He seemed nice .. But at the same time he sent chills down your spine, horrible ones too and what dipper told you about what he did in the past made them worse. Your mind was a complete mess. Dipper scared you, but so did Bill. The only one you weren't scared of was Mabel. Yes... Mabel , the one who is going to help you trick dipper so you can get the key back inside the journal after you get the book Bill wanted... 'It's going to be a long... Long day tomorrow... ' you thought as you closed your eyes slowly. You laid there for a while not asleep , but resting your eyes before you finally started to drift off into a worried dream.