notre passé et présents Ch.17

The Present: Scarlet's P.O.V.

It was at that moment I heard Bella yell the killing curse. I knew the person on the other side of the spell as well. “No!” I yelled as everything began to move in slow motion. Everyone stopped what they were doing so they could see what was happening, but all I could think about was his promise, a promise that I had hoped would never be broken.

As the spell seemed to move slowly towards him I didn't know what to do. I started to panic since I knew I would never be able to live without him. He was one of the only people that were still here for me, other then a couple other people. The spell went closer, then suddenly froze where it was a few feet in front of him. Stunned, I glanced around and noticed that everyone was frozen as well. Even Harry who was trying to get out of Remus' hold on him couldn't move.

When I finally realized that I had froze everyone I ran over and pushed Sirius out of the way so the spell wouldn't be able to hit him. Focusing my energy I unfroze only him so he would know what had just happened. “Why am I still alive?” he asked as he looked around. “You froze everything didn't you?”

“Yes, but I've got to leave Sirius. I'm going into hiding, I can't take Voldemort tracking me down like this anymore. I'm going into hiding so he can't use me against any of you.” I explained, knowing that they would continue to come after me. I couldn't place them all in danger like that, not them.

“If you go I'll go too. I can't live without you Scarlet. Besides, we both know that if they think I'm still alive they'll continue to use me so they can get Harry. We can stay in hiding until the war comes, then we can go and help. Please don't leave me behind Scar, we both know you can't do that,” when I looked up in his eyes I knew he was telling me the truth.

“Fine, I'll just make sure the think you fell through the archway as you died. Come on we have to hide in the shadows, then we can stay in the house we bought a long time ago.” he nodded and we hid in the shadows as I unfroze everyone. Harry was still screaming and crying as he tried to get out of Remus' grip. Bellatrix was skipping with joy as she sand she killed Sirius Black, which was totally wrong.

We watched a little longer as we memorized all our friends we had, even including some of the kids. I knew we would be back to see them, but it still hurt to say good-bye to them. Dumbledore had told me he would die next year, so I had already said good-bye to him. As I watched them, silent tears escaped my eyes.

Before we could apparate I noticed Remus' eyes glance over to where we were standing. I knew he was the only one who saw us, but he didn't tell anyone. Instead he smiled at us sadly before giving us a small wave so no one would notice, though Harry did since he was standing right in front of us. Just as Sirius and I disapparated I heard Harry ask a hurt breaking question.

“Where's my aunt? She's the only family I have left,” I left a sob break through as we left, though there was comfort as Sirius held me close to him.

The Present: Third Person

Harry watched as Remus gave a small smile and wave towards a dark corner. Confused, Harry looked around the room, surprised that he couldn't find his aunt anywhere. “Where's my aunt? She's the only family I have left.”

“She's left Harry, she couldn't take it,” Remus lied, he knew the truth of why she had left. She was afraid that You-Know-Who would use her against the order. Scarlet must have froze the time since she wanted to save Sirius. Remus knew that Sirius would have left if she decided she was going as well. He wasn't going to give up their secret though, he would play around and act depressed as everyone else would be doing.

“Oh,” he watched as Harry's eyes began to fill.

The Present: Scarlet's P.O.V.

We landed on the ground in the middle of no where. The only house located in this area was the one that they had bought ages ago. It was three stories tall and was already completely furnished since they had spent a while after their 7th year working on them. It was a home to both of us. No one knew it was here other then Remus since he had been our secret keeper since we had moved in here.

The house had eight bedrooms, 5.5 baths, a weapon/training room, dining room, two living rooms, a kitchen, a library and a couple of other rooms. We walked up the stairs into the master bedroom that had a huge walk in closet. It was filled with tons of clothes, as I whispered Accio clothes all the clothes we had at Grimmauld Place flew in the window and placed itself in the closet as well.

“I just hope Voldemort doesn't find out we're here.” I told Sirius a few days later as we ate lunch.

“So do I, but since we have a year stuck in this house we might as well start planning our wedding,” he pecked me on the lips before going to wash our plates since it was his night to clean them.

“You're right, do you think I could ask Remus to come over? He did see us leave, plus he is the secret keeper for this place.”

“That's a great idea, I wouldn't mind catching up with whats been happening with them,” as soon as he said that I grabbed some paper and a quill, then began to write him. After explaining carefully that no one can know where he was going or that Sirius wasn't dead I sent the letter off with our owl Lux, which means light in latin.

Lux was a golden brown color that was medium sized. I hadn't seen her since I had left, but I was happy to see that Sirius had taken care of him. “I just realized something!” I exclaimed as I turned to Sirius.

“What?” he asked with a puzzled expression on his face.

“We can go to the muggle world since no one there knows that you're young, and the whole missing reports about me were lifted!” he smiled as he caught on as well.

“At least this means we won't be stuck in here forever.” he kissed me once more before walking into our library with me right behind him. After glancing at me he continued to walk over to an area that I hadn't seen before.

“I added this area in a few days after you left. It has all your wedding magazines and I put a charm on them so they automatically update to the best styles of wedding dresses for this year. Plus all the money we had saved up for it, half was in wizard money while the other was in muggle since I wanted to get a muggle wedding dress. All together we had $100,000 in muggle money, the wizard money was in Gringotts.

We had worked as hard as we could for all this money, not to mention saving almost all the money we got from our friends and family. My parents had left me tons of money when they died, as well as gifted a lot of money to me as well. Since Sirius had been the only alive person in his family that was next in line to inherit that money, he ended with a good amount of money as well. We had never taken advantage of that much money, sometimes we even used to give out money to charities and orphanages.

“After the war is over I'm going to go try out for a job at St. Mungo's,” I told him. “We won't be able to live off this money forever.”

“Yeah, I had always wanted to be an Auror. Who knows, maybe they'll let me start training to be one,” he said as he sat down in one of the chairs in front of the table.

“Now let's begin to plan!” I said as Sirius picked up some parchment and a quill. “I always wanted the wedding to be out back in the garden.” I told him as we started to plan what we wanted. Sadly I knew that we wouldn't be able to have everyone at the wedding. There was just something inside me that knew that some people wouldn't be making it out of the war alive.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

**** I couldn't really kill Sirius off, to be honest it would just be too sad. So this way he doesn't change what happens in the Half-Blood Prince or anything****