Confrontation Part II

Third Person POV:

Both sides stood stock still at the scene before them. None of them could comprehend nor process what in the hell had just happened.

"What the hell? "Alphonso started. He pushed himself up, then peered down at the person that lay sprawled on top of him. It was-

"Avalon?" He said with nothing but pure joy laced in his voice. "Hey what's wrong darling? Why are you-"

The next words that would come from her mouth, would be Alphonso's and Adrian's undoing. One of these men will lose their sanity; killing, torturing, executing, and destroying the other. The man who will be the victim of this madness, this iniquity, will desperately fight back.

But he will lose.

For Karma has no menu's, you get served what you deserved.

******

Alphonso's POV:

Slowly, she lifted up her head to peer at my shocked appearance. Sadly, she smiled as liquid red blood trickled down her mouth. "Alphonso," she started weakly, "I'm so glad that I got here in time. I'm so sorry." Her eyes closed and she lay on top of me, motionless.

I screamed.

"AVALON!" I roared at the top of my lungs. I placed my hands on her sides, but only to retract them from the sight of her blood coating my fingers.

No one moved. They were all still in their shocked stupor until I heard the screeching voice of my mother. "Romeo! Get her away from him right now and take her to the Epsilon division. Dante, you'll need to go with him in case he needs back up!"

They nodded and approached Alphonso with caution. Romeo stooped down, and attempted to grab Avalon from Alphonso's protective grip. But the sight of Alphonso's crazed eyes, stopped in him in his tracks. He'd have to talk to him.

"Listen Alphonso, she needs immediate medical attention. You being like this isn't going to help her get better. Right now, she needs you to be strong. We all need you to be strong. You see that guy." Romeo said, as he pointed to the still shocked Adrian. Alphonso trained his crazed emerald eyes to Adrian's guilt ones.

"He's the one who you need to take care of so that shit like this won't ever happen again. Fratello, I'm about to take her away from you right now and I promise to guard her, to protect her, with my life. I swear."

Romeo attempted once again and was successful when Alphonso carefully placed her in his arms. The expression on his face was too much for Romeo to bare. He had never seen his brother behave like this in all of his twenty-seven years. It was truly heartbreaking.

"Let's go Romeo. She's losing a lot of blood." Dante ordered from behind him. "Right. Let's go." He said before storming out of the building.

"No, Avalon!" Adrian screamed. "I want her back this instant! Men, dispose of them."

Everyone from both sides raised there guns at his declaration. Alphonso slowly rose up from the ground, pulled out his twin guns, trained his crazed eyes on Adrian, and stormed forward in his direction, all the while shooting rounds.

*****

Adrian's POV:

I saw the change in his demeanor before anyone else had. He reminded me of myself all those years ago, except he didn't acquire the personalities like Adriano had.

No.

In those crazed emerald eyes, spoke of only one thing. Death. They promised a cruel, agonizing torture for the person who did the unforgivable.

They were looking right at me.

"Right. Let's go." said a Rizzolo member as he picked up Avalon and stormed out of the building. I instantly snapped out of my stare down with Alphonso and uttered out something that would be the catalyst to Alphonso's next actions...and my death.

"No Avalon!." I screamed. "I want her back this instant! Men, dispose of them."
Before my men could even withdraw their guns or aim them, Alphonso had already stood up and fired.

I ducked down just in time for the bullets to graze the side of my cheek and lodge into the head of the man behind me. He slumped down to the ground as blood seeped from his forehead.

"Shit! Shit! Get it together Adrian or else he'll kill us!" Shouted Adriano.

'I know that, damnit!'

Shots were being fired everywhere, making it hard for me to even find a suitable target, much less Alphonso. That is, until I saw movement coming up the stairwell. It was Alphonso.

"Shoot him!" I ordered.

But it was useless. None of them could get a hit on him as he raced up the staircase, his eyes trained only on me. His movement was graceful and beautiful like a dove, yet meticulous and deadly like an assassin. A very skilled assassin!

'You need to get out of there, Adrian! There is no way we'll be able to win against him or his family by the way things are going. We'll wage war against them again later when we are able to, but not right now. Luck is not on our side so get the hell out!' urged Azelio.

'He's getting closer, you idiot!' panicked Adriano.

Without looking back, I abandoned my men and stormed back inside of the villa.

*****
Alphonso's POV:

Oh, no you dont you little shit!

All the men who once surrounded Adrian were now dead thanks to Rafael. The sniper who shot Avalon was taken cared of by the one and only Catarina, leaving only that bastard Adrian left.

Once I had made it to the top of the staircase, I aimed my guns at his retreating figure and fired two rounds. I had aimed at his right leg and left ankle from a far off distance and was happy to see that the bullets were lodged in there targets. He fell to the floor with a crash, toppling a nearby vase to the floor where it shattered into a million pieces.

That was how my heart felt at the moment and the only way to piece it back together would be Avalon's vibrant presence and the gruesome death of Adrian.

He howled in absolute pain and I took full satisfaction in it. This was for Avalon.

Avalon

The thought of her and her injuries propelled me to increase my stride toward Adrian and end this fiasco once and for all.

"G-Get the f-fuck away from me." He stuttered as he tried to crawl away. I stomped on his bloodied ankle, crushing it entirely. He screamed.

"I'm not letting you go easily. No. I'm going to inflict the same pain you gave to Avalon. Except this time, it'll be ten times worse!"

*******

Rafael's POV:

"Is he still going at it?" asked Lorenzo from beside me.

"Judging by the sound of his grunting I'd say he's still bashing Adriano's face in." I sighed. "Why don't you go check it out?"

"No thanks. I don't want to be anywhere near him when he's that angry."

"Pussy." coughed Abel.

Lorenzo responded to Abel's insult with a bone crushing punch to his face, knocking him out instantly. Lorenzo straightened his jacket and then walked away as if nothing happened.

I sighed and looked up longingly at the second floor until I saw the blood smeared face of Alphonso. His knuckles, suit, and face were covered in Adriano's blood, making him appear all the more frightening. Gasps from almost everyone in the room could be heard as they took in his grotesque appearance.

He peered down at all of us before uttering out two words.

"Let's go!"

Our next destination would be, the Epsilon division.