1

Re-posting this short story for Halloween.

This is the edited version.

She was married to him for nearly 1.5 years, and she had never felt so insecure about their relationship. He had always made her feel beautiful and cherished; she would never forget that. But recently he was so busy, that he barely had time for her.

He had promised her only last week that they would spend Halloween together and she had been looking forward to it the whole week, only to get disappointed.

Today during breakfast he had told her that he couldn't make it back to Barcelona after the match against Getafe CF. She had hidden her disappointment since she didn't want to mess up his mood before the game.

When he left the house earlier, he had wished her a Happy Halloween and had quickly pressed a kiss on her forehead. Not even a kiss on the lips, she had thought.

She sat there staring at herself in the mirror. She was dressed up as a witch for the huge Halloween party her friends were throwing. Though she wasn't in the mood for Halloween anymore, she had forced herself to dress up for the sake of her girlfriends.

She gave herself one last glance and grabbed her clutch. She had ordered this sexy little black dress almost a month ago to surprise him. Though she knew that she looked hot tonight, she didn't give a damn about it since her husband wouldn't accompany her. She really wasn't in the mood for any of this, but she forced herself out of the door and slid into her red BMW.

The party was in full swing when she arrived half an hour later. She felt annoyed after 5 minutes of being there. How was she supposed to find her girlfriends when everyone was wearing a damned mask? She groaned and pulled out her phone from her clutch.

"I'm here, where the hell are you guys?" she typed into their WhatsApp group chat.

She grabbed a flute of champagne off of a tray as she waited for a reply from her friends. Her glass was almost empty when her phone lightened up, alerting her that she has received a new notification.

1-0 for FC Barcelona.

Though she wanted to remain mad at her husband, she secretly hoped that it was he who had scored. She tapped on the notification to find out.

♠♠♠

Don't forget to vote & comment if you are excited after reading the first chapter!

Lora♥