Chapter Fifteen-Part Two ~Maddie~

Start from the beginning

"What?" she asks, confused.

"I want to have a pillow fight, and I dare you to take it like a champ," I goad her.

She throws her head back in laughter. "Alright Maddie, game on."

We run around the house gathering all the pillows, stripping them from their cases, and bring them down to the living room where Aiden is waiting with an amused smile on his face.

"This should be fun to watch," he tells us.

I give Alex a look and she winks in understanding.

"One...two...three!" I yell, and we lunge for Aiden. She nails him in the head, and I whack him across the chest.

"Whoa!" he yells and immediately stands, grabbing a pillow.

We shriek and run through the house together trying to outrun Aiden, but he's on us in no time. It's each man for himself now. We whack the crap out of each other, feathers exploding from the pillows and floating down all around us. Aiden whips his pillow around and it smacks into my back, pushing me forward and onto the large ottoman.

"Okay, okay!" I say, out of breath. "As dare maker, I officially call this one fulfilled."

"I go next!" Alex says. "Aiden, truth or dare?"

He tosses his pillow aside and claps his hands. "Dare me something good."

She glances at me and turns back to him with mischief in her eyes. "I dare you to kiss Maddie."

"What?!" I shout, throwing my pillow at her.

Her arm blocks the pillow and it falls to the ground. "Don't be a baby, just a peck," she tells me, laughing.

Aiden looks at me and shrugs. "You know I'm not upset about it...and a dare is a dare."

They don't think I'll do it; they can suck it.

"Fine," I finally answer. "But you are so gonna get it Alex," I threaten as I walk up to Aiden.

Now standing only a foot away, I glance up at him, waiting. "Well?" I ask. I should feel more nervous than I do, but I don't.

He steps forward and grips me with a hand at my waist, his other arm wrapping around my back. Before I realize what's happening, he quickly pulls me to the side and dips me down.

I breathe heavily in surprise, looking up at him, his blue eyes meeting mine. "This isn't an invitation for more, it's not me asking," I say.

He chuckles softly. "I know Maddie. It's just a dare." His breath fans across my face.

"Then get on with it," I reply.

He lowers his face and his lips gently touch mine, and as quickly as it began, it's over. He lifts me back up to a standing position and I pull away, crossing my arms in front of me and smiling awkwardly.

We make our way back to the comfy couches in the living room and when they're not looking, I touch my fingers to my lips. Did that really just happen? A small smile forms on my face. I'm not sure how I feel about it.

When it's my turn again, I dare Alex to let me pour a can of creamed corn on her head. It was worth it.

We go on and on like this, playing truth or dare and taking shots, and here we are, three more rounds, a jump on every bed in the house, a who can stuff the most Twinkies in their mouth, and an Aiden streaking in a lap around the house, later.

He sits at the couch across from me, still out of breath. I can't even look him in the eyes right now. Not that I looked. Not really anyway....only for a second when he ran by the front window and I got a glimpse of him from behind. Enough to know that he has a very, very nice behind.