EIGHT

Seconds later I hear Isaac calling my name behind me. I ignore him and shift my body weight so that I speed down the hill. I look to the left of me to see my doppleganger sliding casually down next to me.

"Luna just hear me out" He shouts loud enough for me to hear.

"Leave me alone" I shake my head, losing concentration for a split second. The thing is, even a split second of lost concentration can be a seriously dangerous occurrence when speeding down a hill at 50mph. I feel myself go over a lump of ice that I should have already seen. My board gets caught in the snow, my feet unclipping from the board because of how careless I was putting them on. I feel myself fly through the air faster than I've ever moved in my life.

"Luna!" I hear Isaac scream as I land head first into a pile of snow. I continue to roll down the hill for about 10 seconds until we reach the flattened out part of the slope. Thank god this was only the beginners slope. I lie in a ball of freezing darkness, unable to move, unable to scream. I hear something tapping against the outer layer of the snow that engulfs me. "I'm coming sis."

"Get me out of here" I shout, finally finding my voice. I wiggle my fingers and toes to make sure nothing is damaged. I think it's just a bump to the head. I'm such an idiot. Dad told me to look after Isaac- I can't even look after myself for 24 hours. Sunlight bursts through to my face as I see Isaac's worried frown appear before me.

"You're such an idiot Luna" He smiles brightly. I roll my eyes at him. I've just become a human snowball and he can't even go easy on me for a second.

"Whatever. Bet you couldn't pull off a stunt like that and still look good at the end of it." I shrug, reaching out to his extended hand which helps pull me up.

"You have tiny icicles in your hair" He smirks pushing his hand through my wet hair.

"Whatever. I think it looks cool." I smile.

"Can we be friends again? I can't afford to loose you to a snowy hill" he laughs slightly.

"I don't understand why you had to do that to Cameron though" I shrug, brushing some remaining snowflakes off my jacket.

"He's bad news Luna. I'll let him tell you himself." He shrugs. "Are you okay by the way? You fell like 40 feet."

"I didn't fall, I rolled." I laugh, brushing my fingers through the ends of my hair.

"Still, Mr Newman isn't going to be happy with you."

"Just tell him it's a trick. You're the professional. Say it's supposed to look like it hurt but it didn't."

"You sure you're okay?"

"I bumped my head that's all" I shrug.

"You might have a concussion" He says grabbing my chin, moving my head around, lifting up pieces of hair to check for any cuts.

"I don't. I promise." I tell him.

"Fine. I'm calling mom later though."

"No!"

"You fell down a hill. She's going to find out anyway."

"You're so annoying" I laugh slightly. I look up to the top of the mountain to see my classmates all staring down at me. They're far away but I know that's what they're doing. "Let's just go" I tell him. "Snowboarding is definitely not for me"