chapter ix

+

      "So..."

"So."

Niall smiled at the boy in front of him sheepishly, hoping to get him with that Irish charm he possessed. 

But the boy just looked at him blankly and then looked down at his menu again.

Niall frowned. He was already mentally cursing Nate for this stupid set up.

"So, you say Nate is your twin?" The boy asked.

This made Niall snap out of his angry mental cursing and nodded, picking up the glass of water.

"Are you guys anything alike then?" He asked again.

Niall shrugged. "Just the looks I guess, sometimes we do have our twin moments-"

"Is Nate seeing anyone?" The boy said quickly, cutting Niall off.

The blonde narrowed his eyes.

Oh, so he was interested in Nate?

Niall gritted his teeth from lashing out at how stupid this was. His first date in fucking months and his date was using him to get information about his twin brother?

"No" He said slowly.

The boy's shoulders slumped and Niall couldn't even bring himself to say sorry because he wasn't.

"I think we're done here" Niall mumbled, standing up.

He pushed his chair in. "It was nice meeting you"

No, it wasn't.

Niall gave the boy one of his polite smiles and left him there, breathing in the air outside when he got out.

He was so nervous for this 'date'. He even put on a nice white shirt that buttoned up until his neck.

And he did his hair.

He wore cologne!!!

"What a fucking disappointment" Niall mumbled.

Mostly to the street lamps and passing cars because he seemed to be only one on the sidewalk.

The blonde shoved his hands into the pockets of his jeans as he walked, the cold air making him shiver in only his white button up.

So far, months have passed since he entered college and it was truly a new beginning. New classes, new friends... It was kind of a great new start.

But late at night, when Niall's up doing assignments and when his roommate is asleep, he would end up scribbling lyrics into his old tattered notebook. Lyrics that didn't have a melody yet because he hasn't had time to create it.

But the lyrics were centred over one person.

A horn was heard and Niall looked up, shocked to see Liam in the driver's seat, his car window down.

What was Liam...

"Get in loser, we're going shopping!" Louis shouted from the passenger's seat.

Niall was shocked but laughed at the Mean Girls reference as he opened the back door and slid inside the car.

It was a Range Rover Evoque and Niall wanted to cry at the fact that he was sitting in this kind of car right now.

"Save the tears for later, mate. What happened to your date?" Louis asked, turning to the back to look at Niall as Liam drove.

Niall was about to tell him but he shut his mouth and raised his eyebrows in questions.

"How did you know?" He asked.