Friends With Benefits 24

Jaidyn's POV

"What's happening, old man?" I ask Les as I fall onto the couch beside him.

"Shut up I'm watching re-runs of Geordie Shore," He snaps and I roll my eyes. "I need to jog my memory because the new season airs soon,"

"I reckon you should've been born a female, mate," I laugh.

"I reckon you should've been swallowed," He retorts viciously before back handing me in the stomach. I groan and he laughs loudly. "That's what you deserve,"

"You're so nasty to me," I mutter. "I'm only ever good to you,"

"Don't be such a sook," He snorts. "Toughen up and be a man,"

"That's sexist," I accuse.

"You're sexist for telling me I should have been born a girl for liking Geordie Shore," He points out, his voice outraged. "You planted the sexist seed in me,"

"Shut up," I roll my eyes.

"You just don't like being wrong," He chuckles. "Les - 1. Jaidyn - 0," He gloats. "Ah; it feels great to be a winner,"

"You're a dick," I slap him in the back of the head. "And now that you know I wasn't really dating your daughter, I'd like that twenty bucks back,"

"I don't think so," He snorts. "It's only a matter of time,"

I remain silent, not sure how to respond to him.

"How stupid you two are to start something so silly," He shakes his head. "Friends with benefits? That is literally the top 'don't' in a boy-girl friendship,"

"It just..." I trail off. I don't feel awkward talking to him about it all, and I don't think he will judge me or hate me for what's going on between me and his daughter; I just don't know how to put my thoughts and feelings into words.

"Happened?" He raises his eyebrow. "I don't want to hear the details, mate. And I get it - she's attractive, you're attractive... But what about all of the consequences?"

I don't say anything because I can guarantee that almost all of those consequences that are floating around his head right now are already happening for me.

"Oh," He says after a few minutes of silence. "But I don't need to tell you about those. You already know. Have you told her?"

My stomach turns with nerves and my palms begin to sweat. "Told her what?"

He stares at me challengingly, raising his eyebrows again. I remain silent and he laughs loudly. "Okay. I'll play along. But you don't want to wait too long, son, because you'll miss your opportunity,"

I refuse to acknowledge what he's said to me and snatch the remote from him, turning the volume up louder and changing it to The Simpsons. "Oh look," I glance at him and try to ignore the knowing look on his face. I nod at the television and smirk. "One point to me I think,"

"Put it back on Geordie Shore," He says through gritted teeth. "Before I kick your ass,"

Melissa's POV

I enter the house to see my dad and Jaidyn rolling around on the floor. I open my mouth but words fail me, so I shake my head instead and close the door behind me.

I walk into the lounge and fall into one of the single armchairs, watching the boys as they fight to have the upper hand.

"I want to watch The Simpsons!" Jaidyn says as he takes dad into a headlock.

"No!" Dad yells. "I need to catch up on Geordie Shore!"

"Well you should have watched it when it first aired," Jaidyn snaps. "I love the horror episodes of The Simpsons! And they rarely ever air them anymore!"