[MBW]- Chapter 2.

Start from the beginning

_____

A loud ringing sound ruined my deep slumber and I opened my eyes looking for the phone. I was going to decline the call since I assumed it was probably just from the office and I didn't want anything to do with work for the week. But, all those thoughts were thrown out of the window when I saw the caller-id.

"Hello," My voice came out really husky so I had to clear my throat to sound human again.

"Charlotte, where are you? Dinner starts soon. Have you already forgotten about your duties as a maid of honor?" My mother's silky voice sneered at me. She sounded angry but she coated it well to not give anyone else around her the wrong idea.

I sighed and looked at the time. 7:15 P.M.

How did I manage to sleep for this long?

"I'll be there in a few minutes, Mom. Bye." I said and hung up without waiting for her reply. It would have just given her the chance to lecture me on my lack of punctuality. I was more pissed at the fact that I was never late to anything but the one time I was, she was there to reprimand me for it.

I ripped the covers off me and walked to the ensuite and took the quickest shower. The warm droplets, no matter how short-lived, did help in waking me up and relaxing my muscles.

In the few minutes I was in there, I thought about my mother. Her voice was trapped in my head like an annoying song; no matter how hard you try, it won't get out of your head.

I replayed our conversation and how I'd have to face her when I went down to the dinner. I had missed her during the flight and when we arrived at the hotel. If she found out about the whole one less room fiasco, she'd never let me hear the end of it.

Shaking the gloomy thoughts out of my head, I stepped out of the shower realizing that I was already late and analyzing my mother and our disastrous relationship wasn't going to get me there any sooner.

I wrapped a towel around my body and entered the room to get ready. I walked towards my closet and browsed through my options. I had definitely over packed but packing a good few outfits for each occasion was necessary.

However, my calculations on what I could wear were interrupted when...Ethan walked inside.

"What the hell, Ethan?! Don't you know how to knock before entering someone's room?!" I screamed at him whilst simultaneously clutching my towel for dear life.

He had the audacity to laugh and give me a once over. He was clearly happy with what he saw as his lips formed into a small smirk when they dropped to my bare legs. And, of course, since he was such a pig when it came to women, he kept on staring and giving me a wolfish grin.

I cleared my throat causing his eyes to snap up at me. If looks could kill, he would be more than just six feet under.

"Well, since you seem to have lost your memory in the last couple of hours while you were sleeping, let me refresh it for you— I stay here, too. In the same room as you. I'll even be sharing the same bathroom as you so you better get used to me," he said to me and his eyes glinted with mischief.

It all came back to me and I groaned. It sounded more like a punishment.

"Also, your mom told me to come get you. Time's ticking, babydoll."

She sent him? Out of all people, she sent him? After realizing that I had no time to snap his neck in half, I pushed him out the door which only made him laugh more.

In the end, I decided to go with an Alberta Ferretti blue floral dress that reached about an inch above my knees and paired it with my favorite black Jimmy Choo Satin Sandals. The clock read 7:32 and knowing I had no time to do anything fancy with my hair, I got my hair out of the bun it was in and brushed through my blonde locks. I put on a little makeup and glanced at my reflection in the mirror one last time.