- Chapter 17

Ashley's P.O.V.

''Well, well, well are my eyes wrong or I see one and only Blake Dawson?''-Sarah said smugly. Aiden's face showed confusion and I was pretty sure mine too. Blake froze at Sarah's words while she was smirking at his obvious surprise. I didn't even imagine that two of them had met before.

''Oh my God, Sarah?''- Blake shrieked, jumping from couch, startling us all. He was tall with broad shoulders. His hair was blonde and curly, unlike Aiden's. You could perceive muscles under his T-shirt and I guessed that his smile was perfect bait for girls.

''Wait, you two know each other?''- Aiden asked, looking from Blake to Sarah and back. I couldn't help but smile a little at his perplexed expression...he looked really cute.

''Well, when-''-they both started in unison, but stopped.

''You tell.''- Sarah said, making her comfortable on Jonathan's chair. She seemed shaken a bit, like this unexpected meeting really got her.

''No, please, ladies first.''-Blake replied back, like perfect gentleman. It was clear that he recovered from his previous shock. As seconds were passing I only got more and more curious about this situation.

''Ashley, you remeber when I was here last time? I went to that party with Hannah..and there I met Blake.''-Of course I remembered. Hanna's girl that lives in the same street like me, so naturally I introduced her to Sarah long time ago. They begged me to come with them that night, but I refused. Parties and me- not going to happen. "I was watching him all night while he was making out with random girls and he intrigued me. But, before the party ended, he approached me and started flirting with me. I didn't fall for his charm but he was very persistent...so we went on a  date the next day and had great time. Too bad I had to leave next day. So, that would be it.''- she explained in one breath. I noticed that Aiden stared at Blake like he suddenly had three heads.'' Can we order pizza now?''-Sarah asked, biting her lower lip nervously.

''You went on...date?''-Aiden asked shocked. Blake sighed, closing his green eyes for a moment...he seemed lost in thought.

"Yes.''- he answered simply after couple of seconds. Aiden's eyes were full of disbelief, but slowly he started realising something...moment was rather comical-there was Aiden looking like little lost kid, and then you could see bulb inside of his head that turned on.

''Blake..tell me, is that her?''- Aiden asked, suddenly smiling like he won the lottery. Blake's face was blank as he looked at Aiden. I didn't understand what that meant, but I guessed Blake wasn't very fond of relationshps. Well, it doesn't surprise me that Aiden and him are best friends. Duh.

"What do you mean her?''-Sarah asked annoyed, interrupting whatever Blake was going to say.

''Nothing.''-Blake answered way too quickly, confusing the hell out of me. He shot warning glance in Aiden's direction and then turned back to us, using cheerful voice, which I assumed was fake:''We really should order that pizza, I'm starving.''

I shrugged and dialed local pizzeria.

                                           *****************************************************

While eating pizza we talked about random stuff. I really had great time, even when Aiden teased me about little things. Sarah and Blake went along pretty well considering they were so much alike. When we finished, Aiden proposed: "Girls, wanna swim to burn those calories?''

Sarah faked to be offended:'' Aiden, are you implying that we're fat?'' I grinned at her behavior, gathering all the boxes and putting them into trash can. Blake had amused look in his eyes...he watched Sarah and laughed at her question.

Aiden played along: ''Well, it wouldn't hurt to practice a bit, but it's your choice.'' I smacked him in the head and he sent me disapproving look, rubbing spot where I lightly hit him. ''Ash, that hurt...you should be more careful, you know.''

''Hey, you practically begged for it.''- I yelled, sticking my tongue at him. I know, really mature.

''You two are so funny, you should consider going to some reality show or something.''- Sarah said and that earned her high five from Blake. 

''Yeah right. Sarah, come with me, we should change. See you in 10 at the pool.''- I said, taking Sarah's hand in mine. They nodded and went after us to grab their shorts.

We changed into our bathing suit, but I suddenly felt really exposed...I knew I was being stupid 'cause let's face it all bathing suits show skin. I slipped on a pair  of shorts and some old T-shirt. Sarah came out from bathroom and I gave her towel. She really did look great..I'm sure Blake's jaw will drop as soon as he sees her.

We went into backyard to find that  Aiden and Blake were already in the pool, throwing football ball back and forth and laughing like crazy. I was really trying not to stare at Aiden's body..I would be very embarrassed if he caught me doing it.

''Water is great, girls. Come in.''-Blake said, splashing water at us. Sarah and I jumped in the same time, like we did when we were little kids. Sarah and Blake immediately started water fight, smiling and teasing each other. I could really see something nice blossom between them.

I left them and swam across pool, until I hit something hard. It can't be the pool edge, right? I surfaced to see no one else than Aiden. He had amused expression, standing there in his all glory, with droplets of water glistening all over his fine body.

''S-sorry. I-i didn't s-see you.''- I managed to stutter, avoiding to look into his eyes. He lifted my chin with his finger, sending chills down my spine. His face turned soft as he studied my face, that felt like on fire. Damn Aiden.

''It's okay.''-he replied and I suddenly felt that someone grabbed me from behind, flipped me over shoulder and took me to the other side of pool, while I was screaming:''Put me down, please.'' My so-called best friend was laughing so hard that she had to remove tears from eyes.''Sarah, you traitor.''- I shouted at her and she just waved like it was nothing.

Aiden's P.O.V.

I was glaring at Blake and Ashley right now. She was yelling at him to put her down while he kept her on his shoulder, refusing to follow her orders. Something inside me clenched at this sight in front of me...it just didn't feel right.

''That ugly feeling you have now...it's called jealosy.''-Sarah whispered, appearing next to me. I shot her annoyed look and she just chuckled, like she knew what was going inside me. Me...jealous? No way.