Maple [Nekopara] x Female Reader

You were heading to your older brother's new bakery that he had just opened up. Since your birthday was coming up, your siblings wanted to have your birthday party in the bakery. When you and your siblings were younger, you three raised 6 nekos together. Their names were Chocola, Vanilla, Maple, Coconut, Cinnamon, and Azuki. As you walked into a bakery, you were greeted with a massive hug from your sister, Shigure. "(Y/N)-chan!!!" Shigure yelled happily as she continued to tighten her hug around you. "Hey, Shigure, nice to see you again but can you do me a favor, I can't breathe.." as you tried to gasp for air. Shigure immediately releases you from her bear hug and smiles sweetly at you, "It's nice to see you again, don't worry Kashou is coming out, he's just getting some stuff ready." "Cool. How are you and the others?" you asked while you looked around the bakery for the others. "The nekos are really excited to see you again, they're getting dressed up. I will go get them." She replied as she walked away to get the others. You were kinda nervous to see Maple again, since you had a major crush on her. She has always been so kind to you and was always there for you. 'Maybe I should just forget about having a crush on her, she probably only likes me as a sister. Heck, she probably doesn't even like girls.' you thought sadly. "(Y/N)-SAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!" you heard someone say your name and when you turned around you were tackled to the ground. You saw that Chocola and Vanilla had tackled you into a hug and was cuddling against your chest. "Hey guys it's good to see you again." you told them as you rubbed their heads. You look up to see the others smiling warmly at you, but what really broke your heart was that Maple wasn't there.

- Time skip -

After catching up on stuff with the others, your brother, Kashou, led you into your room so you could unpack your luggage. "When you're finished, come down and have some cake ok?" he smiled at you as he walked out, closing the door behind him. You began to unpack your luggage, until you heard someone open your door. Your face goes immediately red to see who was standing by your door. "Hey Maple," you said nervously as you looked at the neko in front of you. 'She looks so cute. She even looks cuter than the last time I saw her.' you thought. "Hi-i-i (Y/N).." she stuttered.

-Maple's POV-

She looks so different from the last time I saw her, she was shorter before now she's about Coconut's height. "Sorry that I wasn't there before to say hi, I was doing something in my room. " I lied. The reason why I didn't want to see (A/N) was because I was nervous, ever since last year I fell in love with her but I couldn't tell her since she might only think of me as a sister. "Oh it's fine, it's been so long since I saw you," she said as she hugged me tightly. I could feel my face burning red, my legs started growing weak. "So-o-o I heard that you-r-r birthday was coming up ri-gh-ght?" I asked as I mentally face-palmed myself. "Yep, it's next week" she told me as she gave me a toothy grin. I could feel my heart flutter and my stomach flip, 'She looks so cute when she smiles'. "Anyways I better get back to unpacking, I'll talk to you later," she smiled as she got back to unpack. "Oh ok" I replied as a walked out of her room with one determination in my mind. I have to confess to (A/N) before it's too late!'

-Another time skip-

-Your POV-

Over the past days, I been hanging out with the nekos a lot. Me and Azuki would pull pranks on everyone, me and Cinnamon would read quietly, and me, Chocola, and Vanilla would go shopping together. I hang out with Coconut and Maple a lot, but mostly Coconut since she was like my best friend. But sometimes when we're hanging out together, I would see Maple sending death glares at Coconut. I didn't know why she would do such a thing, they were sister for Pete sake. I decided that I would live with my brother and the others and help out at the bakery. My siblings were already started decorating the bakery for my birthday tomorrow.

-Another time skip- (Reader-chan: What's with all the time skips?)(Me: Because I'm a wizard.)

-Maple's POV-

'OH NO! I FORGOT TO BUY (Y/N) A BIRTHDAY GIFT!" I started panicking as I just remembered that I didn't buy (Y/N) a gift for her birthday. And the party starts in 10 minutes! I couldn't help but feel bad about not having a gift for her. "Wait a second, maybe this won't be such a bad thing after all!" I said as I thought of the perfect birthday gift for (Y/N).

-Your POV-

The birthday party was actually pretty cool. I had a great time, Azuki played pranks on everybody for my birthday which was super entertaining since Kashou now has the word "stupid" tattooed onto his forehead. We all had birthday cake which was (favorite type of cake) with (chocolate or vanilla) icing. Shigure gave me a slapping fan and some clothes for my birthday, Kashou gave me money, Cinnamon bought me video games, Azuki bought me some stuff that we could use later for future pranks, Chocola and Vanilla combined their gifts gave me a homemade plushie of myself, and last Coconut gave me a new skateboard. I didn't really care if Maple didn't give me a gift or not since I already had a bunch of gifts already but she insists that I come to her room later to get my present.

-Another time skip brought to you by me the evil time skip wizard-

I was standing outside of Maple's room, waiting for her to come answer the door. She wanted to me give me a gift since she wasn't able to give me it at the party. I heard a muffled "Come in", so I opened the door to see Maple standing there nervously with a red face. 'Is she ok, her face looks like a tomato.' "(Y/N), there's something I wanted to tell you for a long time now" she said as she walked toward me. "Ye-a-a what is it?" I stuttered as I walked backwards to keep some personal space between us until my back hit the wall. Maple brought her face up to mine, our faces only inches apart. 'WOAH TOO CLOSE! TOO CLOSE!' I closed my eyes shut, my face probably looked like a ripe tomato right now but that was the least of my worries. The next thing I knew, I felt something soft on my lips. As I slowly opened my eyes, I couldn't believe what was happening. Maple was kissing me! I was shocked that she felt the same way that I did with her. I felt Maple's lips parted away, as her head fell down with embarrassment. "I'm so sorry, I didn't know what I was thinking. I-" before she could finish I placed my lips back on hers. She stood there in shock for a moment but soon kissed back, wrapping her arms around my neck. I put my arms around her waist, never wanting to let her go. It felt like we were kissing for hours until we finally had to separate for air. "I didn't know you would like me back." I said to Maple as I pressed my forehead against hers. "Why would you think that?" she asked me while looking into my (e/c) eyes. I told her, "I thought you liked me as a sister and that you didn't even like girls." She just pouted cutely while pinching one of my cheeks, "Baka, why wouldn't I like someone like you." I pecked her on the lips once more then say "I love you" while giving her one of my famous toothy grins. She blushed dark red, while muttering "I love you too baka."

Gotta admit, this was the best birthday present I could ever hope for.

Sorry if this story sucks, it's my first time writing one of these. ^ _ ^'