Chapter 7

Jack's POV

Me and Lucy walk downstairs for dinner. I could feel the awkwardness from a mile away. Lucy and I arrive downstairs and the delicious smell hit my nose. We walk into the dining room and miss Sparks smiles at me. "I hope you like lasagna." She says and I return the smile. "I always love lasagna, don't worry." I say and I pull out the chair for Lucy and then I sit down myself. "He is a real gentlemen." Lucy says and I smile at her. "Thank you." I reply. Miss Sparks puts down the lasagna and mister Sparks grabs the spoon and he puts some food on his plate. "So Jack, what is your element?" Mister Sparks asks. "Level 7 Water, sir." I reply. Mister Sparks looks at me. "Level 7." He repeats which makes me slightly uncomfortable. "So, for how long are you two dating?" Miss Sparks asks. "2 weeks mom." Lucy answers. "And how is your relation?" She asks. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. I look at Lucy and she has the same expression. Miss Sparks giggles. "Never mind." She says and we continue dinner.

Lucy's POV

After dinner, Jack and I helped with the dishes and after that we went upstairs. "Do you they like me?" Jack asks nervous. "My mother definitely likes you, I'm not sure about my father." Jack bites the inside of his cheeks, a bad habit of his. "Why?" He asks. I shrug. "Probably because I never brought any of my boyfriends to my house." I reply. Jack bites his cheek again. I kiss him on his other cheek. "They like you, don't worry." Jack sighs. "Okay." I smile at him and I lean in and our lips almost touch before we get interrupted by my father. "Jack can stay for tonight if he wants." My father says and Jack and I look confused at each other. "T-thank you sir." Jack says and I mouth. "Thanks dad." To him. My father nods and he closes the door. "Told ya that he likes you." I say to Jack. "I'm very relieved that he likes me but I better get home before my mother freaks out, she didn't meet you yet so I think that it is better that I get home." He says and I nod in response. "Okay." I say and we walk downstairs. I hand Jack his coat and Jack walks to my parents in the living room. "Thank you for dinner and it was a pleasure to meet you both." Jack says and he walks back to me. "Do you want to go lunching with me tomorrow?" Jack asks and I nod. "Great, I'll pick you up at 1 pm, is that okay?" I smile. "Yes." Jack opens the door and he steps outside. "Then I'll see you tomorrow." Jack says. "See you tomorrow." I say. Jack gives me a peck and then he walks to his car. He waves at me and he drives off.

*The next day*

Lucy's POV

I walk downstairs around a half a hour before 1 pm. I grab my phone from the charger and I see that he is only 50%. I look around and see that nobody is here. I shoot a little bolt at my phone. I smile when I see that he is fully charged now. I grab my purse and put my phone in it. I look on my watch. A quarter for 1. I hear the doorbell ring and I open the door. A smiley Jack with flowers on the other side. "Hey Jack." I say and I give him a kiss on his cheek. "Hi Jack!" My mother says as she walks towards us. "Hello miss Sparks, these are for you." Jack says and he gives the flowers to my mom. "Oh how wonderful of you Jack. I'll put these in water." My mother says and she leaves. "Shall we go?" Jack asks and I nod, taking his hand. Jack opens the car door for me and closes it when I'm sitting in the car. I suddenly see something though the window. Jack gets in and he looks at me. "Is everything okay?" He asks. "Yes, can you wait for a minute?" I ask and I get out of the car and I walk towards my car. There is note sticking on the front window. I grab the note.

Everyone you love is going to die and you are going to watch them suffer and then it is your turn.

My eyes widen at the note. I shoot a bolt at it which causes it to burn. I throw it on the ground and watch it burn to ashes. I walk back to Jack's car and I sit back on my seat. "Are you okay?" He asks. "Yeah, just drive please." I say. "Lucy, do you want to talk about something?" Jack asks. I look into his blue eyes. "Do you want to be a good boyfriend?" I ask and Jack looks confused. "Of course." He says. "Then trust me and forget about this." I say and I look away. Jack sighs and he starts the car.