Chapter 20

A/N: Last chapter before the Epilogue...wow... This one kinda sucks, but I promise you the Epilogue will be awesome. It's also quite short, but eh.
After hours, Alec marveled at his work, re reading it, just to make sure it was perfect. He chewed the end of the black fountain pen, and the ink had smudged on the paper, leaving splodges on his pale, scarred hands. There was a loud rapping on the door. Abruptly he hid the notebook paper and leant back in his chair. "Come in!" He called out, twisting his neck around to see who was coming through the rather creaky door. There was an empty blood bottle left abandoned on the mahogany desk, with a small drop left. Isabelle emerged from the hallway quietly, her footsteps like whispers compared to Magnus' huge, attention-drawing steps. "Hey." Alec said, turning around fully to greet his sister. "Heya." She replied, moving towards the desk. "What you doing here?" He asked warily, concerned about the well being of his friends and family. "Just checking up on you." Isabelle explained, leaning on his chair slightly. "Things haven't exactly been relaxed around here." She added as an afterthought. "No, but we're getting there." Alec agreed. "Oh, Iz!" He exclaimed, remembering. "Yeah?" "Can you read through this for me?" He asked, passing the notebook paper with the vows written on it to his younger sister. Tears welled in her black eyes as she skimmed the page. "Oh, Alec...Listen, you don't get how happy Jace and I are. You've suffered so much, and right now, all you deserve is peace and love. What you've written is beautiful. You and Magnus are perfect for eachother, you know." "Thanks, Izzy..." Alec was barely audible, his voice cracking with the need to cry. "You know, be happy with Simon. Even if you are out of his league. He makes you happy. Sure, I used to hate him, but that was because he was a stupid mundane and so was Clary and they were just ruining everything. Now, I get it. You and Jace, you love them. They love you. They make you smile. And that, that's all that matters anymore. Now, all we need is to smile." Isabelle hugged her brother. "I'm so excited," she whispered. "You and Mags are my OTP!"
There were two sets of planning happening. Of course, there was the wedding, which everyone was looking forward to with angst and joy. However, there was also the Revolution to plan, though admittedly the only people truly working on it were Maryse and Lily. Maryse Trueblood needed to be with her children. She'd lost Robert because he was crazy. She couldn't lose what she was fighting for, too. For Maryse, the Revolution was a fight for freedom and happiness, a fight for the sake of her children. In contrast, the Revolution was, to Lily, a mean of revenge. The Clave had done nothing when she was attacked by Camille, had taken away her rights to feed, had done nothing for Raphael, who died by the hand of Jonathan Morgernstern, a Nephilim who was often treated like he wasn't a Shadowhunter by the Clave. It wasn't a vampire that killed all those people. The Clave had forgotten that. Lily could manipulate the events to benefit her own personal needs. She had the power in the situation to do so. All she needed was time, and a good plan.
Magnus stared at his reflection. It had been to get hold of suitable attire for the wedding, but Lily had made it happen, at the request of others for clothing. The outfit was perfect, and he knew Alec would appreciate it. Time flew by slowly now, as if it didn't want to reach the wedding. Time screwed everyone over. One moment it would be too fast, the next too slow. All Magnus wanted to do was hold Alec, say how much he loved him, and never let him go. Time was a barrier in that, restraining their affections. Magnus stared for a few more moments before changing again. Their wedding would be brilliant, because it was going to be the best day of either of their lives. "My blue-eyed prince." He murmured, looking at a crumpled picture of Malec from a pair of Alec's worn out dark jeans. "My saviour. My immortal Shadowhunter."