Chapter One: Taken

The cold bitter wind bit at my skin as I was walking home from school .Looking up at the beautiful leaves which had fallen to the ground surrounding me in beautiful colours. Finally it was fall.

I kept walking through the park until I reached the cemetery where I usually cut through to get home. As I walked through the cemetery I saw a guy leaning on the oak tree next to my Dads grave. I didn't know him and he looked rather odd.

When he spots me he starts moving closer but I stayed still . When he came closer I could see his face more clearly he had dark brown hair that was parted to his side and illuminating brown eyes which complemented his beige tan. He gave me a welcoming smile before saying;"Hey... I was waiting for you."

His smile faded and he gave me a weird look, I went to walk away from him but he grabbed my arm and pulled me towards him. Fear running through me, I wriggled my arm trying to get out of his grip.

"You should come with me, it's raining and I give you a lift a home?"

I stared into his eyes as I debated his offer being too scared to reply I just shake my head before finally getting the courage to say;

"I'm fine it's not even raining."I said pushing out of his grip.

Just like that it started to rain. I still had to walk for about half a mile until I reached my house. I look up into his brown eyes. Contemplating going with him only to avoid getting soaked and my auntie getting angry at me, and I really couldn't deal with her right now.

"You swear you're not a psycho?" He started to smirk at my question.

"If I was a psycho wouldn't you be dead now? " I look at him for a brief moment.

"fine! " I roll my eyes knowing deep down this wasn't the right thing to be doing but if I didn't my auntie would kill me, so I guess the likelihood of me dying today was getting higher and higher.

The brunette man towered over me, I felt as if I had been dwarfed which rarely happens as I'm a pretty tall girlie. We walked over to his jeep and I got in knowing in my gut I really shouldn't have, but what was I to do this huge guy was gonna take me with him whether I wanted to or not. I think realistically I've just made my life easier.

The jeep was a new model with black leather seats and all these buttons everywhere on the dash, who knows what they do. He leaned over and put my seatbelt on before pressing on the seat heaters. He was behaving like we were friends and yet I felt I'd been kidnapped.

And then silence.

The silence wasn't uncomfortable but nice. Which ultimately was weird.

Feeling rhetorical weird tension growing he tried to spark some sort of conversation.

"My Alph-" He cut himself off before returning "friend, knew your dad, " He says with a slight grin on his face but then his expression hardens.

"Did he, what his name?"I ask quite shocked by the random statement he made just to break the silence. I was also shocked that he brought up my father no one had spoken about him to me in well, a lifetime it felt. He was a no go topic at home with aunt and it wasn't like I could express my feelings and grief either. So this guy really did intrigue me by his statement as random as it might have been.

There was some silence like he was finding the right words. I was looking at him intrigued wanting to hear more about my dad.

"Look there's your house can I come in to see your mother?" My heart sinks at his words,

"I would say yes, but she left to go shopping one day and never came back so I live with my aunt."

There is now an atmosphere, but what else was I suppose to say other than the truth.