One

Morah Afliel mumbled under her breath as she continued to pack her clothes. Onces again she and her legal guardian Nathaniel had suggested the two move. Morah never once understood why but slowly bit by bit she began to realize the two always seemed to relocate every 3 birthdays,and it puzzled her to no end. She released a heavy sigh before shutting the final dufflebag,with abit of a struggle. Already Morah could hear the constant shuffling of feet belonging to Nathaniel. Who no doubt was pacing back and fourth in an anxious manner due to Morah's slowness in packing. Morah just never saw the same urgency to move as Nathaniel always did. It never failed; every move was in the dead of night. And as always Nathaniel would be waiting on Morah to finish her unnecessary packing.

"Morah!" Nathaniel called out in a distressed manner,hoping Morah had finished all her packing.

Morah couldn't help but to roll her brilliantly amber eyes at Nathaniel's annoyed filled tone. "Alright I'm coming,I'm coming." Morah grumbled while tugging her final suitcase down the small flight of stairs."You could have helpes me y'know."Morah grumbled at her legal guardian who couldn't helped but to massage his forhead, in hopes of easing the uncertainty of the future. Never had Nathaniel faced such uneasiness when relocating with Morah. It baffled him as to why it felt so wrong. He always removed Morah away from the prying eyes of others every 3 years for her own protection. But this time was different. After only living in their foreclosed home the two currently occupied for 2 years going on 3;Nathaniel felt it.

The fear of uncertainty that Morah could remain protected, and away from "them." Nathaniel bit his bottom lip until it bled,before quickly grabbing Morah's bag and effortlessly tossing it over his shoulder. "Happy now?" He barked out in irritation,causing a sudden mood swing to overcome Morah. She had been having quite a few lately,even to a point where she was kicked out of college for her. "Unruly behavior" Even the smallest bit of an attitude was enough to send the once calm and collected Morah over the edge. Nathaniel expected it was due to her strange lineage but never had he seen it before. Someone like Morah.

Morah,who was completely unaware of her roots. And most of all she was ignorant to the decision she would face in the near future. Which side would she choose? Sometimes Nathaniel wasn't too sure which side swayed the young Morah the most. It was true Morah was beautiful,a sight to behold with her flawless alabaster skin which was only complimented by her starless hair. She was petite woman like her mother with curves in all the right places,but set her apart from anyone Nathaniel had ever met were her eyes. They were striking gold hue which currently held many flecks of crimson;which Nathaniel realized only happened when she was angry.

She was a beauty,but behind that beauty held someone who would soon have the entire world kneel before her if she wanted. Morah had the tenacity of a demon. But the beauty of an angel,she was the ultimate deception. Nothing but a trick of light,or smoke and mirrors. An illusion. A myth,yet here she stood before Nathaniel. Clad in a simple pair of dark wash skinny jeans,a pair of classy but not trashy black heels,along with a white off the shoulder top which barely clung to her. Nathaniel watched as Morah 's mood brightened almost in an instant before she batted her long lashes at him like she always did.

"Thank you,Nate." Morah said in a light hearted manner before waltzing pass the confused Nathaniel who only sighed before following the young woman outside.Awaiting the two outside in the damp night air was a silver 2011 Nissan Altima Coupe. It's paint glimmering off the moonlight above. Morah always loved the vehicle,in fact she she hoped to one day convince Nate to letting her have it. But like other men he was serious about his cars and wouldn't even allow her in the driver's seat what so ever if it could be avoided. Yet a girl could have hope couldn't she?

Nate quickly popped open the trunk,loading the remainder of their luggage into the vehicle. Following his example Morah slide into the passenger seat with ease,laying the seat back in a sense giving Morah abit more elbow room. After making sure everything was in place Nate made another trip to the house. There out of plain sight Nate peered upwards towards another one of previous homes. Already he was more than prepared to deal with this. Once again the two of them would disappear like dust in the wind. And reamerge with new aliases and a new life. It was just how things were for beings like them.

Quietly Nate began to call upon his true name. One given to him by God himself, but since his fall the name no longer held the same divinity, and love it once had. Now his name was tainted,stained the moment he decides to think for himself. Closing his eyes Nate continued to speak a language only he and demons shared. Already Nate could feel the power brimming from within his belly. His skin prickled with electricity along with their air around him. Slowly Nate opened his now dull emerald eyes were nos a vibrant translucent hue with crimson flecks within the irises. Allowing any Heavenly or UnHeavenly being to be aware of what he truly was. A Fallen.

Nate glared towards the building before him,bidding the electricity to lash out towards the building. He watched as the building crackled and singed under the intense heat of the electric currents before finally swallowing the building in flames. It was better this way,there would be no trail to follow. It would be as if they never ever existed. From the car Morah admired the flickering flames which devoured her former home. It was strange how beautiful fire was to her. How deadly yet enticing the flames could be. Just like she was. Like fire she was beautiful to look upon,but get too close and you'll get burned.

In the corner of her eye Morah watched Nate walk back to the car. His hands were shoved in his pockets an his gaze turned scornful to the ground. Leaving was nothing new,so what was wrong with him? Silently Nate climbed into the car,immediately reving the engine before the two sped off into the night. Leaving nothing but ashes in their wake.