18

a/n I'm sOrRY i havent updated in like 19478294 years but i have been away AND larzaylea is probably real. I think that is an excuse to have like a gazillion days off. u know, just to take it all in. so sorry if there are tear stains on this chapter.

//18

I stare into my open, over bulging cupboard. I have nothing to wear. This party is going to be full of the top chicks and dudes of the year level, and this is going to be an opportunity for me as a newby to impress them. And I need a killer outfit to do that.

I pull out a couple of skirts and dresses and try them on. Ew. I don't wanna attract that much attention. I try on a couple more tops and shorts, but after a few screaming fits and clothes being violently thrown across the room, I finally settle on skinny jeans, a slightly cropped top and a pair of boots. Ah, I feel a lot more comfortable in this outfit.

I shuffle into the bathroom and attack my long mop of brown hair. After I finally tame it to an acceptable state, I apply a little bit of mascara and concealer and then make my way down stairs.

As I settle down onto the couch and bring out my phone, I suddenly realise something and jump up.

I don't even know where the party is at!! OR what time it starts!! OR HOW I'M GOING TO GET THERE!!

God, I've been so caught up in worrying about what to wear, that I've totally forgotten about the really small, but really important, details. I chuckle slightly at my stupidity, but then return to full on panic mode as I unlock my phone. Now I remember, Luke is supposed to take me.

Leyla: LUUUKKKKEEEEE!!!!!!!

Leyla: THIS IS AN EMERGENCY

Leyla: PLS PLS ANSWER

Leyla: PLS

Leyla: COME ON

Leyla: LUKEEE WHERE U AT! R WE STILL GOING TO THE PARTY TOGETHER OR WHAT

I sigh at my unanswered messages, there goes that plan. I decide to try Madison.

Leyla: MADIIISSSOOONNNN

Leyla: THIS IS AN EMERGENCY

Leyla: AJDNOSNOWDKAKDKALKMELCU

Madison: woah woah girl chillax whats up

Leyla: OHMIGOD THANK THE LORD

Madison: yeah so what do you want?

I note the impatience in her text which confirms that she's still mad at me, but decide to ignore it as I hurriedly type a response.

Leyla: r u going to the party tonight?

Madison: yea

Leyla: great so do u know where it is and when it starts?

Leyla: cuz im supposed to go but idk anything about it and im freakin out

Leyla: pls help me

Madison: ok calm down, I'll find u the address rn hang on

Madison: and im pretty sure it starts at 8

Leyla: shit

Madison: what

Leyla: my mum doesn't get home til 9:30 and I have no one to drive me there

I decide not to mention that Luke was supposed to, it will probably just remind her of the whole you're supposed to tell me this stuff I'm your friend incident.