Her car was her one indulgence in life. The 2010 midnight black Chevy Corvette was, for a lack of better words, her baby. She had it tricked out with a pricey set of chrome rims, twin overhead cams and a monster of a v-8 Engine that roared to life every time that she turned over the ignition. Just thinking about her own personal achievements brought a proudful smile to Olivia’s lips. Who needs a man when all that power was parked in her garage?

“I have caffeine,” Marcey announced cheerfully as she waltzed into Olivia’s office with two Starbuck cups in her hands. Marcey was Olivia’s assistant and best friend. The tall, leggy redhead looked model perfect with her high, curvaceous body and filled with such a seductive personality that could charm a rattle snake. She was also smart as a whip when it came to crunch time in a legal brawl. Olivia found her to be invaluable.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you,” Olivia breathed out while she took one of the java filled plastic cups from her. “You just don’t know how bad I need this right now.”
Slowly, she brought the rim of the cup to her lips and clutched it carefully as she blew away the rising steam. Marcey took a seat in the chair that was positioned in front of her desk and sipped at her own cup of Joe.

After she was settled, Marcey took a quick glance at her friend’s crestfallen expression and immediately knew something was up. “Uh oh. Which one was it and what did they do this time?”

Marcey and Olivia had been friends since their early days in college and she’d met all of the Murray clan on one occasion or another. Over the years she heard about each and every one of their set ups, hook ups and mess ups. She had an inkling that Olivia’s mood, more than likely, had something to do with one of them.

Olivia let out a not so humorous chuckle. “You know me all too well. This—“ she noted and leaned over her desk, pointing at the cursed invitation. “Is the problem?”

Marcey sat up and grabbed the card that she was referring to. She ran her fingers over the embossed lettering and softly muttered, “Impressive.” Sitting back in her chair, she opened up the invitation and began to read. It was an invitation to Caley Murray’s wedding. Caley is the baby of all the Murray siblings. Marcey’s eyes widened when she realized that the wedding was going to be held in Hawaii in just two weeks’ time.

“You lucky bi-otch!” Marcey exclaimed tossing the invitation back on the desk. “You’re going to Hawaii and you’re complaining, why?” This is vacation in paradise. She was failing to see exactly what Olivia Murray’s problem was.

Olivia rolled her eyes and carefully set her cup of coffee down on the edge of her desk. “If you want to go so badly, then be my guest,” Olivia stated seriously. “I’ll gladly give you my ticket!”

She stood up from her oversized chair and walked over towards the window at the back of her office, which overlooked the park. This time of year the scenery was breathtakingly beautiful. Slowly, Olivia exhaled. She was frustrated because she anticipated what would happen in Hawaii and she really did not want to have to deal with it. “You know how my family is Marcey. They won’t ease up on me just because Caley is getting married. If anything, they are all going to be even more insistent.”

“Ah,” Marcey nodded, understanding the problem now. “This is about the ‘find-a-husband-for-Olivia’ campaign,” she said, shaking her head and laughing.

Olivia glanced over her shoulder and glared back at her friend. “It’s not funny. They all have their own families to deal with. Why is it that they all feel the need to stick their noses in my business? Can’t they see how happy I am now?”

Marcey had to work to hide her smile but she understood what Olivia was telling her. Olivia’s family had proven to be relentless in their efforts to tie her to a man. Marcey sat her cup down and tried empathizing to reassure her. .