Running Away...

Kⓐⓘⓣⓛⓨⓝ'ⓢ POV
I made it to Paige's house. It was 9:30pm. It was kinda late but Paige is still up! I knock on the door, and I hear footsteps.

I see Paige's mom come to the door! "Kaitlyn? What are you doing here?", she asked me confused. "shouldn't you be at hone with your mother?"

"Yes?...No?...is it okay if I spend the night with Paige?" I asked changing the subject.
"Yeah! Sure!", she said.
"Paige, come here!", she yelled upstairs as she let me in.
"Ma'am!", I hear Paige say.
"Someone's here to see you!"

She ran downstairs with the biggest smile when she saw me.
"KAITLYN!!!", she screamed.
"Oi! Are you that excited to see me?", I joked.
"You've been hanging around your mum too much!", she said.
"Well look who's talking?", I laughed.

"What are you doing here? We have dance in the morning!", she reminds me. "I wanted to spend the night with you like we used to do!", I said.
"Do you have any clothes to wear?", her mom asked me.
"No ma'am I don't!", I told her.

"Well luckily, we can fit each others clothes, so I'll let you borrow a pair of shorts to sleep in!", Paige said hugging me.
"You don't have to Pai-", she cut me off, "You're my bestfriend! I would share anything with you!", she said. "Okay..."

~A couple moments later ~

Paige and I were in our pajamas.
We practiced some aerials, tilts, and pirouettes to just warm us up for in the morning.
We usually always did this before, and have a mini competition to see who does what best. Or when we are just really bored.

"Kaitlyn do your fav dance combination!", Paige suggested.

"Okay!",I agreed.

Only thing I do is 20 pirouettes, go into a scorpion, fall back into a spilt, then roll over. It is a difficult combo, but I'm used to it!

"OOWW!!",I cried.

"Kaitlyn what happened?", Paige's mom asked concerned.
"I-I fell and my knee hurts really bad!", I cried. "We need to call your mo-, I interrupted her, "No we don't!! She wouldn't care!!", I said. "Well, we're gonna have to take you to the ER!!", Paige said.

"Okay, as long as my mom doesn't get involved.", I agreed.

We had to quickly put on some real clothes to go to the ER.
I just couldn't believe how I messed up! We were rushing downstairs to get to the car. But I was slowing them down.

After five minutes of me limping, we finally made it to the car. I sat in the back so I could prop my leg. My knee was red and bruised. Turning purple too.
I just don't want my mom getting involved or she'll freak.

~ten minute drive to the ER~

We finally made it to the hospital and they just called my name to go in the back to get my knee looked at. I was terrified. Knowing competition is this weekend with an injured knee, isn't good.

"How did this happen?", the doctor asked. I explained everything to her and how it was done. After explaining, she said something that broke my heart.

"You will not be able to dance!!", she said. My heart dropped. I couldn't believe it. Then my dance teacher is gonna kill me if she heard this.

"Would I be able to go to practice tomorrow!?", I asked hoping she would say yes. "You could but as long as you are cautious with your knee, you won't hurt it!", she told me. I felt a bit better. But since I'm really flexible, I do a lot of flexibility tricks in my routines. How could I survive?