Part 9

Frank and Wilma rushed into the room and each one scooped up a baby and the oohs and ahhs started.

"Jake took his mama's coloring and Katy Beth took her daddy's coloring! Oh my! I'm in love!" Wilma exclaimed, not even looking up from the baby.

"It's about time we had some youngin's around. I can't wait to teach them to ride a horse!" Frank said as he peered down at Katy Beth.

"I'm pretty sure that a ways off, Frank!" Wilma said.

Dylan was sitting on the edge of my bed, holding my hand. He would squeeze my hand every now and again, just to remind me he was there.

A nurse came in to check on everyone and give me the next set of painkillers.

"Mama, you have about an hour before the lactation specialist will be here. Since Gramma and Grandpa are here to watch the babies why don't you try to get a shower in? Daddy, you will have to help her." The nurse suggested. I realize that a shower sounded wonderful.

"Oh, we aren't their grandparents..." Frank starts to say but Dylan cut him off.

"As far as I'm concerned and I'm sure Audrey agrees, you guys are their grandparents." Which made Wilma start crying and smiling at the same time.

"Oh, you two go get Audrey cleaned up and comfortable and we will look after the babies." Wilma encouraged.

I sat up and held out my hand but Dylan ignored it and swept me up into his arms gently.

"Uumpf, Dylan! I can walk! I'm too heavy for you!" Despite giving birth I still felt large and pudgy.

"Nope, I like holding you and it's the least I can do since you just gave me two of the greatest gifts of my life." He looked down at me smugly and took me to the bathroom. He turned on the water and checked it for temperature. He gently helped me out of my gown and stops me from shielding myself from his view.

"Don't hide from me Audrey. I think your beautiful. Always have and always will."

Smiling shyly at him, I drop my hands and ease my aching body into the shower with a large sigh. Dylan took over once again, using a large loufa, he used it to stroke my skin clean. I just closed my eyes and enjoyed his ministrations. I felt much better when he helped me out of the shower and patted me dry.

Once again he took me into his arms and placed me back into the bed. The babies were still asleep and very happy being coddled.

A knock sounded at the door and the lactation lady came in, all smiles.

"Hi I'm Nancy. Lets get these babies latched on and fed."

She spent the next 45 minutes explaining things and showing the new parents the ropes.

Frank and Wilma headed home as Nancy had entered the room and promised to be back in the morning.

Soon, it was just the four of them. He had Jake this time and I held a sweetly sleeping Katy Beth.

"Will you consider moving in with me? I can't imagine being away from you 3 for a second! I've missed so much and I hope you will indulge me on this." Dylan pleaded.

Dylan figured this would be a way to start getting her to realize she wanted to be with him and eventually marry him.

"I agree. Yes, I'll stay. I don't want to be away from you either and agree I want you to be with us as much as possible."

So two days later, we were discharged and at Dylan's house. I had to admit that it did feel more like home. Frank had brought Julius over too and he was happier than ever roaming the property again.

We soon settled into a routine. Dylan was more than helpful and didn't shy away from anything, including dirty diaper time.

Life was good and only getting better.

I was surprised and shocked when he informed me that he had put in a request to change positions in the Navy. He would be training instead of actually leaving all the time. We had to wait 6 weeks and he was gone for 2 of those weeks but finally he was accepted.

The cool thing was that since we were so far from the actual training facility in California he was in charge of the parachute jump schooling and each session only lasted 3 weeks.

I've gone back to work and Felicity watches the babies along with her two during the day. She was pregnant again and had always been a stay at home mom after they had Sarah.

Things have really fallen into place. It may not be ideal for some couples but it is what we have to do to make it work and he made it very worthwhile.

I love my man and our children.