Chapter eighteen Nina to the Rescue

Chapter eighteen

Nina to the Rescue 

I heard the door open and curled into my pillow. I hadn’t slept well last night and didn’t want anyone near me, especially the general. 

“Raja,” called Nina. “Raja, it’s time to get up.” She walked over to the bed. “The general came home last night. You’ll be able to see him before he leaves for work if you hurry.”

I knocked her hand away before she could touch me. “Leave me alone.”

“Raja.” She stood. “That is no way to act. You get up right now.”

She tried again to get a hold of me and this time I made it clear when I slapped her hand away that I was not moving. I didn’t want to see that bastard. I wanted nothing to do with him.

Nina simply looked at me flustered. “I thought we were passed this Raja. I get it. You’re mad Tobias makes you sleep in here, but I will not tolerate this sort of behavior. Not from a slave.”

I shot up in bed. “I don’t give a shit about where I sleep, or that he is home. I hate that man. He’s a disgusting pervert who thinks he can fuck anyone he wants.”

“I told you not to use that word,” said a deep voice from the door.

Folding my arms, I stared at the mattress and wiped my face with my shoulder.

Nina turned sharply. “What did you do?” she snapped.

Tobias’s jaw dropped open. “One minutes you are reprimanding the little brat and just like that everything’s my fault. Mind telling me when Raja become the master of this house, because I don’t remember stepping down.”

“Don’t give me that tone young man.” She waved her finger in his face. “We finally had everything worked out, and you came along and messed it up. I have better things to do then fight with Raja all day, simple because you find it necessary to go on these stupid power trips of yours. He’s not a cadet. He can’t treat him like dirt and expected him to be fine with it.”

“I didn’t treat him like dirt,” muttered Tobias. “But if I wanted to, I have every right to do so.”

Nina slapped him hard on the cheek. Surprising us both. I didn’t think that was allowed, even for Nina. 

“Don’t foul yourself, Tobias. I know what you’ve been up to. I have eyes all over this house. I know about the girl you brought home last night. I just didn’t think you were stupid enough to do it in front of Raja.”

“I didn’t,” he rubbed his cheek. “That damn woman was too loud and woke him up. He wasn’t supposed to know.”

“There are plenty of empty rooms in this house.”

The general shifted his weight. “What are you implying?”

“Exactly what’s going through your head right now.” She brushed past him. “Fix it Tobias. I don’t have the time nor the energy to do it myself.” She slammed the door shut behind her. 

He just stood there in awkward since for awhile. He wouldn’t look at me, and I really didn’t care what he had to say. 

“I really hate it when you use that word,” he muttered. “Do it again, and I’ll-I’ll wash your mouth out with soap or something.” He plopped down on the end of the bed and leaned against the wall. “That’s what my mother used to do to me.” Tobias let out a sigh. “Can’t help it through. I’m a army brat. It’s all I’ve heard for the majority of my life.”