That Doesn't Impress Me (Matador!Spain)

A/N: This is gonna be so fun to write! I love Spain and I think that Matador!Spain will be super sexy and cool so lets go!

🇪🇸 JUST LOOK AT THAT PERFECTION RIGHT THERE! 🇪🇸

...

"Amazing! Once again Carriedo has sucessfully avoided the bull's attack!" The sound of the announcer's voice was barely audible over the loud cheering of the Spanish crowd. "Another bull?! How does he do it?!" The announcer yelled at the top of his lungs as the man in the arena sent the bull running into a wall with a flick of the wrist.

It was the height of the 19th century in Barcelona and the popular sport was tauromaquia, otherwise known as bullfighting. Spectators from all classes of society watched the 'dance with death' occur, as it was called.

The man in the arena was Antonio Fernandez Carriedo or as people called him, 'Rojo mortal'. Or 'Deadly Red'. He was known far and wide for singlehandedly fighting as many as eight bulls at a time. The gold tassels on his uniform seemed to catch the light in just the right way. He always had a playful look in his eyes and a sexy grin on his face when he fought. Antonio's green eyes were said to reflect heaven itself.

But those were just rumors spread around by the women. You rolled your eyes at their frivolous whispers and silly blushes and stuck your head back in your book. Bullfights never interested you for one reason and one reason alone. They hurt the bulls. You felt that animals should never be treated that way. Your older brother had taught you well.

"_____. You aren't even paying attention. We're visitors here, show a little respect." You brother elbowed you slightly.

You looked up frm your book and sighed. "You know very well that this doesn't entertain me Arthur."

His thick eyebrows raised and he laughed quietly. "I understand but we were invited here by the king himself and this is his favorite sport." Arthur grabbed the book from you and set it aside.

Letting out a small squeak of protest, you crossed your arms. "How come father brought us? It's his business he has to attend to, so why bring us along?" Your father, the king of England looked over at you with an amused look in his green eyes and shook his head.

"Because _____. His son is looking for a wife." Arthur sighed.

Your (e/c) eyes widened. "Why didn't you tell me?" You hissed in a low whisper.

He shrugged and brushed some of his blonde hair out of his face. "I thought you already knew."

"Liar." You mumbled. "Who's his son anyway?"

Arthur smirked and motioned his head toward the arena. "He's down there. And he won't stop winking at you. That's Prince Antonio Fernandez Carriedo of Spain."

You could've sworn you fainted right there on the spot. "That's who I'm probably going to marry?!"

"Shh! Keep it down you two!" Your father scolded.

"Yeah. I don't think I approve. He looks too.." Arthur trailed off, trying to find the right word.

"Cocky?"

"I was going to say troublesome but that works too."

You tried your best to laugh it off but your mind was running wild.

A-R-O-U-N-D-T-H-E-W-O-R-L-D

"¡Ah mi hijo!" The king of Spain smiled and hugged his son, Antonio. "¡Magnífica actuación!"

"Gracias padre." Antonio smiled and hugged back.

"¡Lo siento! This is my son Antonio. Antonio, this is Prince Arthur and his sister, Princess _____."

You winced at the title. You hated being called that. "It's very nice to meet you both. Me llamo Antonio." He held out his hand to Arthur.

He scowled but shook it nonetheless. "Ahem... It's a.. Pleasure."

Then the Spaniard looked at you and bowed. "Hola señorita."

You had to stop yourself from rolling your eyes and curtsied.

"You're so beautiful." He said as his green eyes stared into your (e/c) ones. You couldn't help but blush.

"Okay. How about we go have some tea?" The Spanish king asked. "Let's leave them to socialize."

Arthur didn't like it one bit but nodded and followed the two older men out the door toward the courtyard.

You just stood there awkwardly, twiddling your thumbs. 

"Ah! How rude of me! Would you like a tour?" He asked, holding his hand out to you.

You had no choice but to nod and take it. "Gracias."

"You speak español?" Antonio said, tilted his head to the side. Some of his curly brown locks fell into his eyes.

"Not really. I'm still learning."

"I would love to teach you _____." He smiled.

You returned his smile. For some reason, when you were around him it felt comfortable and safe. "I would love to learn." 

As you walked down the halls in conversation, somehow the bullfight you 'watched' came up.

"Did you like it señorita? That was easy. I can fight off many more." He winked and smirked.

You scoffed. "That doesn't impress me."

His cocky facial expression fell into one of confusion. "¿Qué? Why not?"

You rolled your eyes. "Well excuse me if I'm not like all the other 'señoritas' that fawn over you. I find hurting animals to be very unattractive. It doesn't matter how many you can supposedly fight off."

"Seriously? You think I'm hurting them?" His face now showed concern and sadness.

"Of course! You attach spikes to their backs to get them 'angry' because it's much more 'entertaining'." You argued.

Antonio broke out into uncontrollable laughter. Is this guy dense?! He was just sad and now he's laughing?! What the hell?! You thought.

"Lo siento chica. You're just too funny! ¡Muy cómica! I don't do that. I feel that hurting them is wrong." Antonio said, looking into your eyes once more.

"Oh." Was all you managed to say.

"Hey princess."

"Please. Don't call me that. Just _____ is fine."

"Okay _____. Te amo."

You nodded, not knowing what he said. "Yeah okay."

His eyes lit up. "Really?!"

You shrugged and nodded once more. "Yeah...? I guess?"

"¡Soy feliz! I'm happy you love me too! We're going to get married and live happily ever after!"

"Wait what?!" You exclaimed.

Before you could utter another word of protest, Antonio pressed his lips to yours. You had to admit, the kiss wasn't that bad and neither was Antonio. Maybe this arranged marriage won't be so bad after all...?

"What the bloody hell is going on in here?!"

Only if he survives the wrath of Arthur...!

...

Brotherly protective Arthur? How about YES!

I loved writing this!

🎉HAPPY BIRTHDAY @Lilyauna-Bloom ! 🎉 ❤️

Like?

Comment?

Follow me?

QOTD: LietBel or LietPol
AOTD: LietPol! OTP

Hasta la pasta~!