CHAPTER FOUR

On the morning of the first of September, Anora had found herself sleeping in until the very last second

On the morning of the first of September, Anora had found herself sleeping in until the very last second. She had spent the night before, sitting with her mother in the kitchen, talking about anything and everything. Simone had brought it upon herself to start braiding Anora's hair, something that allowed the two to share in some proper bonding time. Anora had gone most of the summer without seeing her mother as Simone's book tour had finally come to end just before Anora was set to leave for Hogwarts.

 And while she braided, Simone reminisced of old memories of dropping Anora off at the Hogwarts Express or when Anora had gotten her first wand. It eventually led to Simone crying, while holding Anora as tightly as possible for several minutes, until she was able to collect herself.

Emotions appeared to be still running high that morning as Anora was checking over her trunk for the last time, making sure she had packed all of Iggy's belongings. She could hear her father and mother talking in the other room about how their only child was practically grown and they just couldn't figure out where all the time had gone. With a grin, Anora rolled her eyes, preparing to tell the two to stop with their dramatics. They were acting as if they were never going to see or hear from her again. But that was probably far from true as Anora's dreams of the dragon sanctuary seemed to be slipping through her fingers.

When Simone had returned home, Gerald had brought it upon himself to tell his wife that Anora was looking to go off and work with dragons. Simone nearly fell into hysterics, fully prepared to interrogate Anora over such plans, until Gerald started laughing and told her that he was only joking. He winked in Anora's direction, but she hadn't found much of it to be humorous. In fact, she found it to be downright painful because the more she thought about it, the more she wanted to go. However, with the exception of Tonks, everyone made it sound like it was a bad idea.

"What do you think, Iggy?" she whispered to him as she closed her trunk to lock it. The jingle of his collar alerted her that he was coming up behind her, letting out a loud meow. "Yeah, that's what I think too."

Eventually, it was time to leave the Forney home as Anora brought down her trunk and Iggy followed behind. Originally, Gerald and Simone assumed that Anora and her friends would apparate to Hogsmeade as some of the older students did once they had their apparating license, but Anora, Charlie, and Tonks were adamant that they were taking the Hogwarts Express for the final year. And they were planning on taking it back after graduation too.

Upon arrival at King's Cross Station, Anora led the way through the crowds of people, whether they were muggles or wizarding kind, it didn't matter as they all blended in through the traffic. She held the handle of her trunk, pulling it along as Iggy remained perfectly perched on her shoulder. It earned her a few glances here and there, but nothing that others were willing to shake off. Her parents trailed behind her, trying to keep each other from crying.