Chapter Fifteen

a/n: So I was in my school library on Thursday looking for a book since I finished We Were Liars (which is fricking amazing please go read that book), Reality Boy (had a lot if swears if you don't like that), Eleanor and Park (has even more swears than Reality Boy if that's possible), and The Testing (it's like Divergent, The Hunger Games, and The Maze Runner all mixed together). I was minding my own business and decided to look at all the books on the stands (like, the featured books, I guess) and there on a stand in all its glory was Let the Sky Fall. I checked it out and told the librarians (who I'm like best friends with) about Keeper Of the Lost Cities and Shannon Messenger and they were like "Man, we should get this book in out library" and I was like "hell yeah you should" but then I remembered it's middle school rating and I'm in high school so they probably won't.

Also, on Friday someone threatened to shoot up at my school so we had like seven police officers at each entrance and like, half the school went home early. Nothing happened. But good news, my mom says she might buy me a phone because of this since no one told her- she said she would've pulled me out of school if she knew. (gosh darn it that she didn't know)

Okay sorry for the rant.

But hey, longer than usual chapter. . .

NOT EDITED BECAUSE SCHEDULE 

"Does time go the same amount as the Forbidden Cities?" Sophie asked out of no where. Mr. Forkle looked at her, confused. "I don't know, I'm, just wondering."

"That's actually a very good question, Sophie," he commented, smiling. "And yes, they do go the same time."

She nodded. "Okay, I was just wondering. So, how is my family?"

"They're doing great. You sister is getting married, actually," he told her. "I would ask if you would like to attend the wedding with me but you know how that's forbidden and everything."

She nodded in understanding. "Of course. I wish she knew me so I could say congratulations, though." She sighed.

He smiled softly. "How are things there."

"Great, actually. I was asked to become a keeper for the council last week. The ideal choice since only two people have ever slipped past my defense," she said with a wide grin on her face. "I'm not sure how it works out, though. I'm going to go meet with Maisha about stuff next week."

"Maisha?"

"She's a councilor. We're not close but she's okay. She's a vanisher, I think, but her older brother is a keeper and so she knows more about being a keeper than all the other councilors, really," Sophie explained. "I thought you know all the councilors."

He shook his head. "I know all, but I only know a few by name," he told her, frowning. "You probably know more than me, actually."

She nodded. "But," she said, "how? Like, you've been alive for so long and. . . "

"I've been with the Black Swan since forever, and we weren't exactly all 'rah rah go council'," he explained, rolling his eyes. "My main focus in life wasn't to memorize each and ever single one of their names."

"Oh."

"So, other than your new job, how are things there?" he asked.

"Good, I guess," she said.

"What do you mean you guess?"

"It's just that. . . I feel like I'm letting Keefe feel bad. Fitz and Ashla are getting married, Dex said he's going to ask Biana soon. . . And Keefe is waiting for me to say it's okay to ask me and I just can't say it's okay right now and I feel like the worst girlfriend ever."