Chapter 3

The next day at about ten-thirty...

"Ugh, I can't believe that sister of mine!" whined Taylor. "She was right behind me!!"

It was the next day and Piper, Pamela, Pattie, Taylor, and Cheren were already standing in front of Professor Juniper's laboratory. They were now waiting for Bianca to show up. Although he was rarely angry with his twin sister, this time Taylor was really starting to see red.

"Don't worry," Pamela said. "She probably got distracted by something."

"Humph," was all Taylor said.

"Hey, I'm coming!!" Bianca came running up towards the friends.

"Bianca, where did you go?!" Taylor demanded as Bianca reached them. "One minute, you're right behind me, and the next, you're gone!! I can't believe you!"

"Whoa, T, calm down," Bianca said, holding up her hands.

"How can I calm down?! You disappeared on me again!"

Cheren spoke up. "Taylor, you can yell at Bianca later. Let's just go inside Professor Juniper's already."

Pamela opened the door, and the friends walked into the building, Taylor glowering at his sister. When they entered, a woman with short brown hair in a lab coat was sitting at her desk. She was looking at some papers. Piper guessed that this was Professor Juniper.

"Hey, prof," Pamela called out. "It's Pam!"

Professor Juniper looked up from the papers. "Hello, Pam," she said, smiling. She looked around at Piper and the others. She walked up to the group and stood in front of Pamela.

The professor smiled at Piper and Pattie. "Identical triplets; Pam's sisters."

Pamela nodded. "Yup. Piper and Pattie."

"And these three must be Taylor, Bianca, and Cheren, right?"

"That's right," said Pamela. The other three nodded as Professor Juniper said each of their names.

"Well, Pam knows of one of the projects that I need help with," Professor Juniper started. "You all know about the Pokédex, correct?"

Everyone nodded their heads, except for Bianca, who just looked plain confused.

"Um, I don't," Bianca said. "What's a Pokédex?"

Cheren shook his head. "Jeez, Bianca. How can you not know about the Pokédex? It's famous."

"Well, just because you know about the Pokédex, 'ren, doesn't necessarily mean that everybody does," Piper said.

"I'll explain about it," Professor Juniper said. "The Pokédex is a very high-tech electronic device that will automatically record the information of a Pokémon that you meet. Every new Trainer receives a Pokédex along with their first Pokémon and tries to fill it up with the information. And this information can be handy for the research that I'm conducting."

"And what would that be?" Piper asked. "Pam won't tell any of us."

Professor Juniper smiled. "What I do is research the origins of Pokémon. As you can imagine, this takes a good amount of time, which is why I'm asking the six of you to help me with the Pokédex. You will all visit the cities and towns throughout the Unova region. Will you do this for me?"

"We'd be happy to!" Piper said immediately. "At least, I know that I would like to." She glanced at the others. "What about you guys?"

"I know that I do!" Pattie exclaimed. "I've been waiting to go on an adventure for years."

Pamela smiled. "Professor Juniper already asked me the other day, so she knows my answer."

The Professor turned to Taylor, Bianca, and Cheren.

"The good Lord knows that I want to do this," said Taylor. "So yes is my answer!"

"Okay!" Bianca shouted. Taylor gave a look that plainly said that she was being too loud. So, Bianca said, more quietly, "I mean, yes, Professor. I'd love to help with this."

Cheren nodded. "Thank you very much, Professor Juniper. This will give me the perfect opportunity to really become a Pokémon Trainer."

Professor Juniper smiled and turned to her desk, taking a few things from one of the desk drawers: the Pokédex's. "Thanks to all of you." She handed the six friends the Pokédex's in her hands. "To get more Pokémon on your adventures, the six of you will also need Poké Balls."

Pamela helped Professor Juniper hand out the Poké Balls, five each to the others, and holding on to her own five

"Good luck to every one of you," the Professor finished. "I'm sure that you will all do a great job."