CHAPTER THREE

Inside Quality Quidditch, Anora remained by Tonks' side as Charlie browsed several rows of quidditch supplies and stole a glance at the latest broom in the display window. She couldn't help the amused smile that pulled at her lips as she watched him walk around like a child at a sweets shop. No matter how many times they had ventured into the shop over the years, it was always like the first time for Charlie. He always managed to point out new products, in which Tonks and Anora would simply nod their heads and agree with whatever he was saying. Or on the occasion, if he expressed disdain over the product, they would frown and shake their heads in disapproval.

However, after a few minutes, Anora felt something sharp digging into her side, leaving her to look down and see Tonks' elbow jabbing her lightly. She met her friend's gaze, only to see the slight concern in her dark eyes. It was one of the times that Anora could tell Tonks' was joking around as she only used her natural eye colour to get her point across.

"What? What's wrong?" Anora asked her, quickly glancing around the shop to make sure everything was alright. She made note of Charlie in the distance looking completely unbothered. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"You seem off today," Tonks replied, "you're quiet and every time I try to talk to you about something, you don't respond. Your mind is somewhere far away. So, what's going on with you?"

There was no sense in lying to Tonks, she knew Anora too well to play such games. But truth be told, Anora didn't even know what was possessing her to feel so melodramatic about their final year at Hogwarts. It seemed to be the only thing that continued to cross her mind over and over.

"I don't know what the hell is wrong with me," she said finally, "I keep getting wrapped up in thoughts about this being our final year and it's driving me mad. Maybe it's because I don't know what I'm going to be doing after this year. You got yourself all figured out, I'm sure Charlie is going into Quidditch or something."

"Well, it's not like you got to figure it out right now, Anora. I mean, it's months away until we graduate, you might think of something during that time. Besides, what happened to the idea of you and Charlie going off to Romania to work with dragons?"

Anora let out a loud laugh before covering her mouth with her hand as she startled an older man doing his shopping around them.

"Sorry," she muttered before turning to Tonks. "Oh, come on, Tonks. We were just joking about that."

"It didn't sound like a joke at the time."

"Yeah, but Charlie and I both know how competitive it is in the magizoology field, let alone becoming a dragonologist. You have to come highly recommended to get on any of the reserves."

Tonks crossed her arms and narrowed her eyes slightly. "Please, Kettleburn would use his remaining toes to write you and Charlie raving recommendations to go off and pursue careers with beasts. He adores you two, you really think he wouldn't?"