Chapter Eight "Court"

Four Days Later

It was 6 in the morning and everything was quiet. I was in bed, dead asleep and Raven was getting ready for the court date. He was gonna go and see the outcome of Mr.Thane. It was in the papers, too. Everyone was scared and silent. Nobody wanted to go to the courtroom or even wait outside the courthouse. All of the citizens in the small town were shocked that this could happen to them. Nobody expected a middle-aged teacher to kill his own daughter and a student.

Raven walked into my bedroom and gave me a gentle kiss on the forehead and pulled the covers up onto my shoulder. The TV was on and it was on the News Channel and they were weakly talking about the Mr.Thane case. They were all pissed. Especially, Raven. Nobody could blame him for hating Mr.Thane. Raven walked out into the living room and stood infront of the TV. "So, in other words, 8th grade literature teacher, Mr.Scott Thane will be tried for double murder and I hope he is locked away for good," said the ankerman. Raven huffed and went outside and got into the car and began to drive off tot he courthouse to await the trial.

*********************************************************************

I woke up to empty house, raven was at the courthouse to see what the verdict was and my parents were grocery shopping. I sat up and rubbed my eyes and yawned. I got out of bed and went into the living room and changed the channel to Cartoons. I sat on the couch and rubbed my face and stretched out. My jaw hurt from grinding my teeth last night, probably from my sleep that I had. I was stressed out and I still had anxiety about everything. I didnt go to school in the past couple of days and I hoped that I was fine whenever I did go back to school.

The AC cut on and I jumped at the sudden click that it made as it switched tot he heat. I couldn't wait for Raven to get home. i wanted him home to be there and keep me safe. I sighed and laid on the couch and closed my eyes for alittle while. The phone began to ring and I really didnt want to pick it up. It could of been Raven but the session was still on and he couldn't call or anything. So, i just let it ring. After a couple of minutes, it didnt stop ringing so, i got up and went over to the phone and picked it up. 'Hello?", i asked.

"Well, hey! Aren't you that little girl Sarah that Raven keeps going on and on about?," a strong male voice asked. "Yeah? Why? Who are you?," I asked. "Well, i just called to make sure you were okay. And, i'm Raven's secretary, Serge. I am, too, a werewolf. Aint that cool?" Serge said. "Yeah, i guess," I said. "Well, tell Raven that I called as soon as he gets back,"Serge said. "Okay," I said. And we both  hung up. I went over to the couch and sat down and just watched TV. There was nothing really to do and I just wanted to relax and calm myself. 

I switched tot he News channel and they were still going on about the trial and I just groaned and switched back to cartoons. I began to get paranoid and began to hear creaks and groans of the floor. i looked around and saw nothing at all. oh god, i'm going crazy! i huffed and got up and looked around the house tomake sure that there was nothing there to hurt me. I heard a car door slam and chattering. My parents were home and i relaxed alot. i sat back down on the couch and watched as my parents brought in the groceries and put them away in the cabinets and fridge. 

My mom sat next to me and gave me a smile and asked,"How ya doing honey?" "Fine," I said. I groaned and decided to go back to bed. i got up and went into my room and laid in bed.

********************************************************************************

At court, everyone was listening to Mr.Thane's lawyer go on and on about how he was mentally unsound and Raven just sat there, scowling. The judge had that look on his face that meant that Mr.Than was gonna get it, hard. The Judge, himslef, had a young daughter and the fact that Mr.Thane killed his own daughter, made the judge upset. The same thing had been going on for the past hour of the same shit about how he was mentally unstable and deserved a second chance. The judge watched Mr.Thane with a angry eye and two cops, stood at each side of mr.Thane. Mr.Thane looked calm and collected even though he had killed two innocent kids. one of them being Ravens, non-biological mother.

After the lawyer was done explaining, the Judge calmly sighed and said,"Even though you make a good point, Jake. that's not the case here. he brutally killed two innocent children and all of the evidence points to Mr.Scott Thane. i don't want to hear anymore excuses about his mental state, we had him tested and he had nothing wrong with him. He was under full control of his actions when he killed them and I will be making a right judgement on his sentence" 

"Your honor, he was drunk when Mr.Raven got to him," Jake began. "TWO DAYS AFTER he killed Sarah," the Judge interrupted. Jake went silent and said,"I rest at this." Jake sat down and Mr.Thane had a horrible scowl on his face. "Take him away! I don't want this trash in my courtroom. 60 to life with no probation!", The judge said, slamming his hammer down onto the table. The cops cuffed Mr.Thane and took him away to jail and everyone began to leave. Raven got up and went to his car and drove back home to meet me. 

*******************************************************************************************

 I was still alone in the house and it was quiet. Quiet enough to where I fell back asleep on the couch. Raven silently walked in and saw me asleep on the couch and smiled. He gently picked me up and brought me to bed and covered me up and left the room. Raven was tired, too, but he decided to stay up abit longer to just have some peace, even though he wanted to spend some time with me. I really felt sorry for him. He went through a lot of hell and so have I. Hopefully, things will get better and things will go back to normal.