Chapter 11

~ Dylan ~

Damn. I knew she had a good body, but... toned legs. Lots and lots of toned legs. Long, lean waist. Perfect, slender curves. And if I thought her neck was sexy before, it's nothing like how it is now. The single strand of hair I wanted to touch has turned into several, and I can't decide if they should all be put up or if the way they touch her cheekbones and neck would make it worth keeping them down.

I'm seriously close to embarrassing myself, so I shift to make sure nothing's poking out.

Derrick coughs, and I jump. Her eyes are on me. Shit. I definitely wasn't looking at her face. Hopefully, I'm not supposed to be answering a question, because I definitely didn't hear anything.

"I just stopped by because we have a cake appointment, and..." Derrick trails off like he not only takes orders from Lora, but from Ziah, too.

"Well, I'm not missing cake testing, and I really want out of these shoes." I swear she stands up even taller than before.

I take that as an invitation to check her legs again. I mean, they're right there. A guy can only be so strong.

"So, we'll see you guys there?" she asks.

"Sounds good," Derrick says.

"Wait. Weren't you supposed to be doing this today, too?" Ziah's hands go on her perfectly curved hips as she shifts her weight.

"The tailor said he wouldn't be ready until tomorrow," Derrick says.

"Damn." Ziah sighs. "I really thought you two were being tortured today—just like me."

I am. She just doesn't know it.

"We'll see you girls in a few then." Derrick's hand grabs my shoulder with a little too much force.

"Yeah. See you." I glare at my brother before smiling at Ziah.

When she turns, it's all curves again, and a lot of bare back. Derrick slaps the back of my head as Ziah steps back behind the curtain.

"What the hell'd you do that for?" I ask as I rub my head and try to get my hair to sit right again.

"Wipe the drool off your mouth, and don't. Even. Think. It."

I start to protest, but it's probably pointless. "Whatever," I mumble. "She's not my type."

Derrick snorts as he pushes open the door. "Her and her sister have the same body. That's everyone's type."

I want to make a smart-ass comment about Derrick checking out his fiancé's sister, but I keep it to myself. Maybe I'll save it for later. Instead I go back to thinking about Ziah and her mile-long legs and wondering what they'd feel like under my fingertips.

***

Lora steps into the cake shop followed by Ziah, and even though she's in jeans and shoes, all I can see is that damn dress. Her long waist. Her perfect body. Toned calves, shaped thighs. And the shoes. Holy hell if girls knew what shoes like that did to their legs... actually, maybe they do. It's a pretty good weapon for them to have.

I need to kick this girl out of my head and run as far away from her as I can get. Mary and I need to find an open road somewhere and forget about brothers, sisters, and T-shirt wearing girls who should not be sexy, yet somehow are.

Oh, and said girl is going to be my sister-in-law? It's not creepy and against the law, I remind myself. It's not like we'll be related by blood, but I also don't think my blood should be flowing to specific parts of my anatomy so powerfully when I'm around her either.