Chapter 5

I pace back and forth in my room. It's the second night I've been here, and so far I've had to eat every single meal. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They even made me eat a snack. It was awful.

How am I supposed to get rid of all this? It's too late to go for a walk.

"I still sometimes make myself throw up..." Tony's words ring in my ears. But I can't throw up. People that eat and then throw up don't get skinny like people who don't eat at all. They get fat.

But I should have time to exercise more often.... We just had a busy day...

I sigh. Fine, I think to myself, Just this once.

I decide I should figure out how to do it first, so I look it up. And after lots of research, I think I'll be able to do this.

My hands shake as I tip toe to the bathroom. It's late, and no one else is up, so I don't want to wake anyone. My left hand grasps the doorknob tightly as I try to steady my breathing. Go on, Ainslee.

I finally sigh and swing the door open. I can't process what I see in front of me. I think through it quickly. Tony leaning over the toilet. His fingers down his throat... I gasp. He's not, I think, He can't be.

Tony quickly flushes the toilet and stumbles over to the sink, splashing his face with water. "Ainslee, I..." He trails off, looking at the floor.

"How could you? How could you do this?!" I whisper shout, pain filling my face and voice.

"I'm sorry..." He mumbles.

"No, Tony, you aren't sorry. You come to my room and tell me not to hurt myself, you take away my blade so I can't hurt myself, and then you go and hurt yourself? That's pathetic, Tony, how could you? And do you know what "sorry" means? That means, you'll never do it again. So, are you sorry?" Tony's silent. "That's what I thought." I shake my head at him and fold my arms across my chest.

Suddenly he pushes past me and hurries to his room, hiding his face in his hands. Crap, Ainslee, you made him cry. You just made Tony cry.

I take a deep breath and follow him. When I reach his room I tap lightly on the door. He doesn't reply. I reach for the doorknob, but it's locked. "Tony?" I whisper, pressing my forehead against the door.

"What?" He's obviously crying.

"Tony, I'm sorry." I mutter, tapping the door again.

"Do you know what sorry means? That means you'll never do it again." He mocks. I'm not sure if he was trying to sound mean, but he did.

"Please, you know I'm sorry." He's silent, "Tony, don't you get it?! I'm sorry, I really am! I. Am. Sorry. S-O-R-R-Y sorry!"

"Gosh, Ainslee, just leave. Get out, you're being really irritating." I gasp at Tony's words and turn sharply on my heal. Then I turn back to say one thing.

"Gladly. I bet you'll be happy when you never see me again." I run down the stairs and into the kitchen. Pills, pills, gotta find the pills....

I spot a medicine cupboard and open it, grabbing as many bottles as I can and hurrying back to my room. I lock the door and smile. Thank you, Tony, for giving me the last thing I need. I wouldn't have ended up doing this if it weren't for you. So, thank you.

I write a quick goodbye note and struggle to open the lids of all the bottles. Pain reliever, vitamins, sudafed, sleeping pills...

I grab the sudafed and sleeping pills. These together should be a good mix. But who knows how long that would take. I sigh and tip toe back down the stairs, to the laundry room where I find some bleach. Now, this will kill me for sure. I turn around to walk back upstairs and Jaime is standing right there. I jump and hide the bleach behind my back. "Jaime! You scared me!" I laugh nervously.