Chapter 3

Feather After // Chapter 3 // Small Poetry

Aria's POV

"You know what he said next? That I was the reason this all happened. I? All I wanted to do was to take care of him, and what I got back in return? His bullshit and crap! This is not correct. I tried to make him feel better and look how I turned out to be." My cousin sister, Gemma said on the phone.

I was walking down the hallways after school had ended to the detention room which was near the library. Our library was the pride of our school. And according to me the best place. Maple High School had the largest school library in the whole country. It was big and wonderful. It had almost all the books that anyone would ever think of. The school was formed after the library was. Initially, it was a house which was broken down during the civil war. The state of Washington ordered to make a school around the library which was somehow saved from burning down during the fire. The owner of the house was Mr. Maple so the school was named after him.

"Are you even listening?" Gemma shrieked on the phone.

"I am. Don't worry," I said and by then I was standing outside the library.

I leaned on to the wall in front of the library door as I kept hearing Gemma talk about her break up and how unhappy she was. Gemma was my baby sister from my mother's side. She was dead gorgeous, if I would have been a boy or a lesbian, I would have had a crush on her. She was preparing for Miss. America.

"So did you find anyone hot?" She asked me on the phone.

"Nah, I haven't," I said and shrugged, I wish guys like Connor Franta, Niall Horan, and Tyler Oakley attended my school. It would have been better. Why think about stuff that wouldn't happen?

"The problem is that you don't look," she said and I heard her talking to someone in muffled voice.

"The problem is that I don't-" I was saying when I was interrupted by a giggle.

Gross.

"I got to go!" I said and hung up.

My school bag was in the locker and I had a notebook and my physics supplementary book in my hand. I planned on solving some numerical in physics. I wanted to use the time and not waste it. I stepped inside the library and greeted the librarian. She had become my good friend in the past two days. According to her, I was a nice student who couldn't do anything bad to a book. She greeted me back.

"Why are you here? It's time for the detention," I know she never thought I could do anything wrong in my life. She was about to get a big shock.

"I am here for detention," I told her and looked at her while I adjusted my spectacles.

"What?" She said and looked at me through her specs which here hung down on her nose. They were attached to a thread which went all around her neck. She had her hair tied in a low bun, a strand or two falling down, on her face.

"I didn't know; that Mr. Harrison was going to take an extra class in physics. I tripped off my bed yesterday and fell down. And then I was taken to the doctor because I was unconscious. It was pretty messed up day so I forgot about it."

Translation: I don't have any reason, I just forgot.

Using pretty words always helped.

"That's okay dear. Don't worry," She smiled at me. That's the best she could do.

"Yeah," I took a seat at the far corner of the room. There was a square table which was dark blue in color and had eight chairs quickly blue around it, two chairs on each side. The whole library was covered with strange blue and pink square and circle tables. This square blue table was my favorite table because of two reasons. One; because behind me was the racks of next romance book that the whole world could offer and next to me was the door which was always closed.

According to many students, it had books which were not appropriate of the public view and had been banned by the states. Some people said that it had first published copies of books written by authors like Jane Austen and Mark Twain.

I sat there and started solving the numerical. I couldn't get my hands on some of the questions so I encircled them with a pencil. If I looked straight, I could see the library door and the librarian sitting next to it on her humongous table with her assistant on her side. The library was filled with racks and racks of books.

I turned around to see if there were any new books. One book caught my eye. Sylvia Day. I rushed and picked up the book before anyone could. It was an adult book and I know it belonged somewhere else like a place where students did not have excess to it.

Soon the librarian started taking attendance and I raised my hand and quietly muttered a "present" when my name was called by her. She looked at me, smiled and then continued calling out other student's name. The middle seats were full by the time I actually took notice of it.

I got back and started reading the book. Physics could be dealt with, later. I tore a paper from my notebook and started writing something. I started writing about things which were happening in my life and I had no one to talk to.

I quickly started jotting down my thoughts. It was an effortless and a graceful job: writing.'

Time passed by and I wasn't even done yet. I stuck the paper in the book and quickly collected my things to go. Detention was finally over and it wasn't as bad as it sounded like.

I kept the book back in the shelf and hurried outside. It was a long day and I was exhausted. I got out of the school after collecting my things from the locker and practically ran the two blocks to get to my car. Once I was inside the car, I looked for I poetry and it wasn't there. The car was moving and I was inside the car.

I tucked it in the book I was reading.

"Wait! Stop the car," I said to my driver who looked at me puzzled. I was five-six blocks away from school now and I practically jumped out of the car. I started running as fast as I could towards the school. I closed my eyes to breath in the fresh air and I collided with someone. I bounced back and regained my balance pretty quickly. I muttered a quick apology and in no time I was inside the library. I got the paper from the book and ran out again. The librarian didn't notice my presence neither my absence, she was busy scolding someone at one far end.

When I got out of school, I saw my car parked outside, the driver had followed me. What a clever fellow. I got in the car and looked at the paper. The poetry which I had left unfinished then, was now complete.

I read the lines

The poem which was imperfect then was perfect now.