Illusions and Demons

Theme song. I know it's already an anime song, but I felt it really resembles this part of the series.

It's been about two months since you last visited Assiah. After you came back to your own world, your mother stopped treating you like a princess in the 1600s. You stepped up to her and now she's practically terrified of you. You also began texting and calling Rin since apparently that worked, somehow. (Because plot and FUCK LOGIC!) In fact, you were texting him right now.

Rin:Yukios been assigning homework again!
You: He always assigned homework when I was there. You just always forget!
Rin: I do not!
You: Yes. You do. A lot.

Rin was always forgetting things. One time he forgot to sleep and stayed up all night reading manga!
You: Welp. I'm gonna crash. Text you in the morning!
Rin: ur going to bed? Its only 4!
You: In Assiah maybe! It's 3 am here!
Rin: oh crap. Srry 2 keep u up.
You: it's fine. I'm on summer break, remember?
Rin: All right. Love u!
You: Luv u 2!

You clicked your phone off and set it down on your wooden nightstand. Your white bunny, Howaito, eagerly jumped up on your bed to greet you. He looked at Crystal's Cove on the small dresser and ran behind you. The white bunny peeked out behind your back. You could tell he could sense it was magic. Whenever you wore it, you could talk to him like how Rin could talk to Kuro. He didn't like the gem though.

You put a glass case over the necklace like you did every night. "That better, your majesty?" Howaito came out from hiding, and laid down on your lap. Allowing you both to drift off to sleep. Unfortunately, you failed to notice the thick, black fog leaking out of the jewel, and making its way into your eyes as you dozed off into dream land.

~your dream~

"Rin!" You called out to your boyfriend in the distance. You began to pick up speed and run over to him. Something was off though. In dreams, there's usually a background. You were in a white void. You began to see a location forming as you ran over to the demon. It looked like a torture chamber from the Amnesia games. Crimson blood covering cold stone walls. As the setting became more clear, you slowed down.

Running, pacing, walking.

Rin also began to change atmosphere. Instead of the innocent face he always had, a shredded, bloodstained face replaced it. Instead of a full academy uniform, he wore only jeans. No jacket or shirt. Only his chest. (DAT 6 PACK DOE! ) But even his chest was mangled. It was torn open, intestines hung next to it. Rin wasn't even standing. He was strapped down onto a surgery table (Basically it looked a shit ton like shed.mov). Fear struck your heart as you saw Rin's once perfect body now looking like high school science assignment. You stared at Rin's bloodstained face. You looked down at the floor to see a lake of blood. And a bloody knife lay clutched in your hand. You wore a tattered dress with patches of blood across the fabric. (It looks like Cinderella's maid dress with blood on it) You began hyperventilating. "AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!" You began screaming bloody murder. A crooked smile took hold of your face, and a psychotic laugh. 'What's happening? That's not me laughing. But...it is?' You realized you were staring into a mirror. You weren't laughing. The reflection was.

"You did it! Why would you do such a thing?!?" You shouted at her. "Oh sweetie. I didn't do anything! You did. I am you. I am your Gehenna version. You should know." You immediately remembered when the necklace took over your mind. "You were created when the necklace became too strong." "Mmm, close dear. I was created the very second you went to Assiah. You see, everyone has a Gehenna version. Except, of course, your boyfriend. He is a demon." "Don't say that about him! Rin may be a demon, but he's the most kind person you'll ever meet! He's also the most powerful, so watch what you say about him!" You hated when people called Rin a demon. It was like being racist. "That's why I'll be taking him from you." "What?" You saw her pull out a pink gem with blue specks on the bottom. Crystal's Cove! You felt a gust off wind pull you closer to the mirror. You tried plotting your feet harder into the stone floor. 'This is no dream. This is a nightmare!' You thought to yourself as you flew towards the gem.
~End of nightmare~

You groaned as you rubbed your pounding head. That's how you knew you were awake. You found yourself in a dark place. The walls were designed like a crystal. You put two and two together. You were inside your necklace. You tried to stand up, but a sudden movement made you fall back down. You came face to face, or should I say, gem to face, with your gehenna version. She had possessed your body. You weren't fully in the necklace. Your soul was! "Well well well, not so powerful anymore, are you?" She asked, tapping the side of jewel. "Let me outta here!" You cried out, pounding on the crystalline wall. "Hmm. No, I think I'll keep you in here so you can watch me woo your precious prince. Or should I say, my prince." She said as she put the necklace back on. You realized her plot. She was going to pretend to be you and trick Rin! You watched in fear as you saw her wave her arm in a slicing motion. A rift appeared. On the other side, you could see Assiah. You heard her take a deep breath as she stepped through.

"I'm coming for you, my dear."