Part Two - Chapter Twenty-Seven: Selfish Actions

Waking up the morning of her wedding day, Eliana stared up at the ceiling for a moment before a smile formed on her face realising that today was the day that she became Mrs Eliana Ronaldo. 

It felt strange to think that she was going to be Cristiano's wife, she had been looking forward to this day for a while and Eliana knew that all her hard work had paid off when it came to planning her big day. 

Sitting up Eliana ran her fingers through her hair and she knew that she had a couple of hours before she had to leave for the hotel; there was so much going on today and she had to get up so that she could get Elsa ready as well. 

Eliana climbed out of bed and moved to brush her hair knowing that the moment that she stepped out of her bedroom then everything was a go; she was going to be harassed until the moment that she walked down the aisle and married Cristiano. 

Quietly leaving her bedroom, Eliana headed downstairs listening to her mother talk to her bridesmaids about today; she had picked Miranda, Adriana and Alessandra with her best friend Rosie serving as her maid-of-honour. 

Things were still awkward between Eliana and Behati and it had led to her decision on not asking her friend to be a part of her bridal party especially after what had happened. 

Eliana couldn't imagine what was going to happen today but she knew that she couldn't wait to marry Cristiano; he was the man that she wanted to spend the rest of her life with. 

It seemed unreal how far they had come to them, they had been amazing and Eliana couldn't imagine what the future was going to hold for them. 

"Bom dia," Jennifer greeted smiling at her daughter, she was so excited to see what the day held for them and she was so happy that she got to watch her only child get married to the man that made her so happy and that things were working out for Eliana.

***

Starring at herself in the mirror, Eliana ran her hands down the sides of her ivory strapless ruffles tulle mermaid wedding dress and she couldn't help but be surprised at the woman that stood in the mirror. 

It seemed so unreal that it was her and Eliana was pleased that she had found her wedding dress without much of a problem; she couldn't wait to see Cristiano's face when he saw her for the first time. 

"You look beautiful," William said smiling as he stepped into the room where Eliana was getting ready, he couldn't believe that his little girl was getting married today.

It only seemed like yesterday that Eliana had brought Cristiano home and had introduced him; William was a little upset that it all seemed to be happening so quickly but he knew that there was nothing that he could do to stop it. 

Slowly turning around to face her father, Eliana stopped at the sight of Sara who was stood by his side; she couldn't believe that her father was actually thinking that she was going to change her mind about Sara coming to her wedding. 

"What is she doing here?" Eliana asked staring surprised at Sara, she thought that she had made it clear to William that she wasn't welcome and the last thing that she wanted was a fight at her wedding. 

Sara ducked behind William knowing that this could go badly, she had wanted to stay home but William had insisted that her being at the wedding of his daughter was going to be okay. 

"She's my fiancée," William replied as if it was obvious about why Sara was here, he didn't see the problem since she was just one more person and she was going to be joining the family soon enough and he had some wonderful news to share with Eliana.

Eliana took a deep breath and stared at her father, she couldn't believe that he was pulling this on her wedding day; it hurt that he couldn't respect her wishes and she hated that this could hurt so much. 

"I told you that she couldn't come," Eliana whispered trying not to get upset, she hadn't wanted Sara there because she didn't know the woman and she didn't want her mother to be upset. 

William didn't seem to realise that while Eliana was trying to move past the fact that he had cheated on her mother and moved on with that other woman it was going to take time for her to get used to all of this. 

"You didn't seem to behind that she was at the rehearsal dinner," William pointed out wondering why Eliana was making such a fuss about the fact that Sara was here; if they just spent some time together, he was sure that Eliana and Sara would become great friends. 

The room was quiet for a moment and Sara could see that there was no coming back from this if William continued to push; she didn't want to cause any problems and she wished that William could see that he was causing himself all this grief.

"I would like her to leave," Eliana said trying not to lose her temper, she didn't want to ruin her day and she knew that she wasn't going to change her mind; she was sure that she was making the right decision. 

William had crossed the line by bringing Sara here on her wedding day and Eliana didn't know why her father thought that she would be okay with this in anyway. 

"If she has to leave then I'm going with her," William insisted knowing that she wouldn't want him to leave, he wanted to watch his daughter get married but she was going to have to accept that he was going to be there with Sara. 

Eliana took a deep breath knowing that she truly didn't have time for this, she peeked at herself in the mirror for a moment before she made her decision knowing that she was going to have to deal with the consequences.

"Then go," Eliana replied not going to put up with her father trying to emotionally blackmail her into having his fiancée at her wedding; she was going to stick to her decision and he would be the one that missed out. 

It was silent for a moment as Eliana's words sunk in, William could only stare at his daughter realising that she was being serious; he grabbed onto Sara's hand before he turned and started to walk away. 

"The one day that matters so much to me... and my pai is a selfish prick," Eliana muttered to herself not caring that William heard as he left with his fiancée, she took a deep breath knowing that she couldn't deal with this right now. 

Eliana didn't know what she was going to do about the situation, she had dreamt of her father giving her away since she was a little girl but that clearly wasn't going to happen now. 

The hotel room door opened allowing Sergio Ramos to pop his head in, he was going to be one of Cristiano's groomsmen and he had seen William and Sara leaving making him worry about what had happened. 

"Is everything okay?" Sergio asked knowing that Cristiano had instructed anyone who spotted Sara at the wedding to throw her out; it worried him what had happened while they had been alone with Eliana. 

Everything was in place and the ceremony was meant to be starting in a matter of minutes, the last thing that anyone wanted was drama kicking off on the big day. 

"Will you walk me down the aisle?" Eliana asked turning to look at Sergio, she knew that it was a big thing to ask and it did throw things a little out of whack for the bridal party.