7

S a p p h i r e

"So you just let him spent the night?! Sapphira Xandrine Mayfair are you out of your mind? I told you to stay away from him! What if he raped you or worse, killed you? Geez you never even talked to him?!" I cringed as Andrina was screaming on the phone. What is with people these days?

"An, calm down. I told you he was drunk. He wouldn't leave me alone! Plus it was cold and he was too drunk to get him. Course I helped him, it was the right thing to do!"

"No. You were not supposed to help him! Everyone thinks he's bad new, Sapphire. Don't risk anything."

"God, You're overreacting. I'll just tell you everything later." And with that, I hung up and let out a frustrated sigh.

I hopped in to the shower and started to think about what happened yesterday. I helped him, he could have frozen and die because of hypothermia.

He was rude to me. He was anything but nice. And, who's Ruby? Why was he so mad at me? Why was he blaming on me? The questions started to fill my head and I found myself getting more and more curious about Harry Styles.

I went to the campus last night to pick Andrina up because we planned on having a girls night before my first day of Uni. I was shocked to see him, in his car which was parked right across mine. Our car were facing each other. I smiled and waved at him and he did nothing back. He was just there, emotionless.

I got out of the shower, blow dried my hair neatly and put on a little bit of make-up. Just a few touches here and there. I drove to the campus and walked to my class. Everyone was busy socializing with people around them, probably trying to find their own Andrinas.

Not long later, a woman, probably in her mid 50's walked in. She clapped her hands twice and everyone went silent. "Good Morning, Students! It's a pleasure to finally meet all of you. I'm Mrs. Barrone." She started to teach, entertaining us with her skills. She showed us why she was there as a lecturer instead of a student.

"Our first subject would be musical poetry." Music and poetry. Two of my favourite things.

"I'm not going to make you sing on Bronte or Hardy's works. It's the 2000's, let's do something modern as a start." She handed us several pieces of paper filled with poetries.

"These are modern poetries, written by the bests. As your first assignment, I want you to make a musical poetry. Choose one out of given options. One that you love. Put some melodies in to these beautiful words." She smiled. I studied the titles. The author remained unknown. But she was right. Everything written there was beautiful. I read each of them one by one until I came across one that really caught my attention.

Fool's Gold

I'm the first to admit that I'm reckless
I get lost in your beauty and I can't see two feet in front of me

And I know in my heart

You're just a moving part

And, yes, I let you use me from the day that we first met

But I'm not done yet

Falling for your fool's gold

I know your love's not real

That's not the way it feels

That's not the way you feel

And I knew that you turned it on for everyone you met

But I don't regret

Falling for your fool's gold

Beautiful. Sadly beautiful. I smiled, knowing there will be a big chance of nailing my first assignment with a poem like this. "You may use repetitions, make some adjustments, as long as you don't go too far from the original poem. Do not change the meaning of the poem. You may record and submit the results by next Monday. You're dismissed! Have a nice day!"

I was eager to sing this poem. I feel the need to sing. I skipped lunch and straightly went to the piano room and put the paper on it. I pressed several chords, tunes; I note everything down on my music sheet. I stared at the first verse and started to sing.

I hummed several notes after it and continued.

Oh, I know your love's not real

That's not the way it feels

That's not the way you feel

This author was fooled. Whoever the author might be, he/she was used. Who knew anyone could be that vile? Why would you ever play with someone's feelings for your own fortune? The worst part this author didn't mind being fooled. Guess that's what love does, right? It fools you.

I tried to memorize the words and continued. Added several 'oh' and 'yeah's here and there to make it sound better. Just as I was about to sing it's last verse, I heard a loud voice screaming.

-

H a r r y

I was bored. It was crowded; people were all over the place. I only enjoy crowds when I'm drunk, so I went somewhere I may get my mind straight. I decided to go to the piano room. It was always empty, plus who the fuck goes there at lunch period. I opened the door and heard a soft beautiful voice singing. What?

Oh, know your love's not real

That's not the way it feels

That's not the way you feel.

The lyrics were familiar until I realized that it was my poem. It was Ruby. I rushed and walk further inside, already raging with madness. Of fucking course. There was Sapphire, the little miss perfect, singing her heart out by the piano.

Once again she made something painful sounds so beautiful. Something that speaks Ruby, sounds so beautiful.

I was pissed. I hate this girl even more. She was nothing like Ruby. The more I see of her the stronger my hatred gets. "What The Fuck?!" I screamed.

"Harry?" She stopped right away and looked towards my direction.

"Where did you get that?" I snapped.

"Get what?"

"The words."

"My lecturer handed several poems to the class and asked us to make musical poetry out of it as the first assignment. Why?"

"It's my poem. I made it."