One

The king is dead.

That's all ten year old Johnathan Winderson heard while standing at the kitchen wall frame, as he heard his parents talking to a man at their door.
"What are you doing?" A voice said behind him. Johnny flinch and turned his to see his older sister Netty Winderson standing behind him. She was thirteen, young, beautiful.
"Listening, now be quiet." He told her, and repoked his head through the door frame.
"What happened?" His mother ask.
"Not really sure," said the man at the door, "but people keep saying it was the prince, who murder him. People would not say clearly though." He had deep woodsmen accent.

"Well, whatever happened to the king, that brat of a prince will be taking over now. And things will not turn out good, I'll tell you that much." Said his father.
"Aye." Agree the man.
"You little eavesdropper." Netty hissed, and Johnny wave a hand at her to be quiet. Johnny leaned forward more through the door frame to listen, he was his tiptoes, his chest up, stick out the frame.

Johnny listen more. The only other thing he could get out of them were, something about the riders. His eyes widen and his ears were interested. Netty rolled her eyes. As the rolled they landed on Johnny's tipped feet. Taking her right foot, it reached a crossed and poked Johnny's feet. "Ah!" Johnny scream as he lost his balance and landed on the hard wooden floor with a, "Oof!"

All heads turned toward, him. "Johnathan!" His mother gasped.
"Well, lookie'er, looks like we've got ourselves a listener." The man said. Johnny pushed himself up and glanced at his sister, who gave him a devilish smile.
"Johnathan." His father said sternly.
"Yes, Papa." Johnny gulped.
"I thought I told you to wait in your room." Arms crossed, feet tapping. Johnny stood up and dusted himself off, when he went to look at Netty again she gone.
"Sorry, Papa." Johnny said guilty, head hung. He looked up and got a better look at the man. He was tall and plump, tight beard, and wore raggy clothes. Yup, he was a woodsmen.

"Go back to your room, Johnny." His father demanded. With a sigh he obeyed and shuffled out of the kitchen and into his room. Across his room, Netty was leaning against her bedroom door frame, examining her nails. He gave her a dirty look, went into his room and slammed the door shut. Then, he quickly went over beside his bed, where he pulled out a little piece of loose wood from the wall, where a small hole was revealed. He could see his front door from the little peep hole, where he saw the man.

Pressing his ear against the hole he listen to the rest of the conversation. "...about that. Johnathan suffers from a rare disease called don't listen to your parentimona." His father said, which made the man chuckle. I don't suffer from that. Johnny thought. And indeed Johnny doest suffer from from that, but he has been ill, he suffers from a illness that not even the village's medic can find what sickness takes him.

"No problem, a kids curiosity is bigger than a cats." The man said jolly. Before any other words could be spoken, there were shouts, and sounds of horses. "That's my cue." The man said, "Gotta spread the word in the upper places of the land. Good day." The man shook hands with his father, and gently picked up his mothers hand and kissed it lightly, then he off joining his friends.
"Come on, let's go check on the boy." His father said. Hurrying Johnny picked up the wood piece and placed it back in it spot, jumped on his bed looking at the ceiling above.

He heard his door open and the soft foot steps of his sweet mother, then he heard the heavy steps of his father. He felt his bed go down as his mother sat down next to him.
"Johnny?" His mother sweet voice rang in his ears.
"Don't be sweet with him, Jania, he disobeyed my orders." His father said hard, "Sit up son."
"Sean..." Jania said. Sean put up a hand to silence her.
"Let me speak to the boy, Jane." (Jane was short for Jania.) Jane sighed but said nothing more.
Sean cleared his throat before speaking. "Now I'm not going to tell you again boy. Sit up."

Johnny obey and started to sit up of his bed. "Yes, Papa." Johnny looked at his father with sadden eyes.
"I thought I've told you to stay in your room." His father sterned.
"I know, I'm-"
"Then, way did you leave?"
"I'm sorry, I was curious and wanted to hear."
"That's no excuse, Johnathan. You disobeyed my orders."
"I know, Papa and I'm sorry, I'm-"
"There are no I'm sorry!" His father bellowed at him, "next time follow orders, because orders is what keeps you safe, Johnny."
Johnny filnched at his father's words, he hung his head, a tear fell from his eye. He felt something trickle down his nose.

His mother gasped, and quickly grabbed a cloth from her dress pocket. She pressed it to his nose. When she it away, Johnny notice blood on it. He sniffed, frightened. Jane replace the cloth to his nose.
"Oh, for the gods shake, Jane don't baby the boy." His father said.
"You know he's ill, Sean." His mother said softly.
"That's no excuse to baby the boy." He eyed his son and said before he left, "listen to my orders next time." And he sweep out of the room and turned the corner.
Jane sighed. She turned her son's head toward her, dabbing his nose with cloth. When she was finished, she smiled sweetly and kissed him on the forehead.

"You know your father loves you." She said.
"Yeah, right," Johnny said, "Then why does he yell at me all the time?"
His mother sighed once more, she placed a gentle hand on his face rubbing his cheek with her thumb.
"Because, he cares. It might not seem like it. But he does. He only wants what's best for you. He's trying to keep you safe. Because he doesn't want you to get hurt," With that she placed one last kiss on the top of his head. "Get some rest Johnny." Then she left the room, leaving Johnny in his room on his bed.

"Wow, I've never seen father so mad before." Netty said walking into his room.
"Well,he wouldn't be so mad if you hadn't pushed me." Johnny said. He saw a little guilt glisten in her eyes.
"I didn't mean for you to get in trouble." She said.
"Yeah, you did."
"Listen, I'm your older sister, what I do is for your own good. You did not have to eavesdrop." Johnny didn't want to have any of it.
"Leave me alone."
"I'm your older sister, I'll never leave you alone." Johnny remained silent. Netty sighed and left Johnny alone.

He flipped down on his bed, watching the shadows crawl across his ceiling as the sun set. His eyes began to close, then open, close, open, then close and sleep.

Hey!!! We come back to the Dragons Heart book!! I hoped you enjoyed this chapter and plz VOTE and COMMENT see ya later cubs, stay tune for the next chapter!!!!!
BYE!!!!