Chapter 18

Kenneth sat on the beach watching Morgaine build a sandcastle. He loved taking her to the beach. "Come help me daddy." She called to him. She was now three years old. Ailis was at a council meeting with Arthur (Merlin) and the rest of the council. There was no longer a need for the force as when the banishment was lifted the Goddess took care of all of that.

All vampires that were changed from humans were given the choice of turning back, with the exception of Kenneth. Even though he was once human, the Goddess made him Avalonian anyway; A treat for helping Ailis to break the curse.

Avalon was wonderful. They ran their own council and all who were born with the gift that were human, were given the chance to come and train. There were still a choice few humans that the Goddess took an interest in. For the first time in his life, Kenneth knew what happiness and peace felt like.

Ailis came walking up and sat down beside him. "Are you done for the day my sweet?" He asked.

"Yes." she answered. "I am yours and Morgaine's for the rest of the day."

Kenneth pulled her onto his lap. "I can think of some things I need done. Your Highness." He told her as he nuzzled her neck.

Ailis laughed playfully. "Speaking of, "She started. "It seems that we are going to have a very active spring." She said as Kenneth put his arm around her shoulder.

"How do you mean?" He asked.

"Well," she started. "Kiera and Marilyn are both pregnant."

"Really?" he asked. "Are we to witness the birth of the new Merlin?"

Ailis shook her head. "Not from Marilyn." She stated. "She is having a girl. Besides, she said it doesn't work like that. It is the first son born to the family that takes the Merlin title. Not necessarily Merlin's son." She finished taking his hand in hers.

"Oh." Kenneth answered. "I didn't know that."

Ailis looked into Kenneth's eyes. "Morgaine is very strong already and she is only three." she said.

"Yes." Kenneth answered. "Both my wife and daughter are stronger that I am."

"Does that bother you?" Ailis asked.

"No not at all." Kenneth answered. "I find it refreshing knowing that I don't have to worry about you every second for the rest of my life."

"You lie." Ailis accused. "You still worry."

"I know" Kenneth said as he stole a kiss from her, "but not every second of the day." He defended him self.

She laughed. "How would you feel about raising a Merlin?" she asked.

Kenneth looked at her for a minute and she nodded. He smiled and pulled her close in his arms. "I think my wife, that I would love that." He answered.

Morgaine came up just then. "What are you guys doing?" she asked.

Kenneth took her into his arms. "We are celebrating." He explained.

"Celebrating what?" She asked.

"You are going to be a big sister." He answered. Her face lit up. She reached over and placed her hand on Ailis' belly. Her mouth came open in an O.

"I am going to have a brother." She giggled. "And he will be like Uncle Arthur." She jumped up and lifted her body off of the ground. She started doing a child's happy dance in the air. "Yeah!" she said. "This will please the Goddess very much"

Ailis and Kenneth laughed. Ailis jumped up grabbed her from the air and ran with her to the sand castle. Kenneth could not begin to explain even to himself how happy he was at the way his life turned out. He looked to the sky and sent a silent thank you to Carmelita. He smiled as he could have sworn he heard her laugh.

The End or is it?

�������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������