A Castle Made of Cheese

There once was a King who lived in a castle made totally out of cheese.
Absurd you may think, and you're not alone, but bear with me if you please.

King Fred was a good king, loved by his people, but not terribly bright.
Queen Jill was afraid of what would happen, if she let him out of her sight!
Eager to please, painfully trusting and very easily led,
It didn't take long for someone to try to trick poor Old King Fred.

Enter our villain, the cheese maker, Bob - a nasty runt of a man.
Down on his luck, mean to the bone, struck with an evil plan.
He posed as a Lord to meet with our King, to set his plan in motion,
A meeting most foul to put in his mind a most perplexing notion.

He told the King that all through the land, people were laughing at him.
The castle he lived in was terribly old and going so out of fashion.
But the fake lord had a cunning plan that would stop all the people from laughing.
A new type of brick, better than stone but what price you might be asking?

Not much for a King, a paltry amount, just all of your silver and gold.
It's not that much really to sort out the castle, already I know you are sold!
King Fred soon agreed to the deal he had seen, so terribly eager to please,
And what do you think this new brick was made of? You got it, smelly old cheese!

Queen Jill got wind of the cheese maker's plan and knew that she had to act.
She summoned the Lord to offer a deal, to try to make a pact.
She told him that he could be a King, but it might cost him a lot.
All of his gold and all of his silver, did they have a deal or not?

Lord Cheese maker Bob couldn't resist, his greed knew no bounds.
So he gave her the money and signed on the line, with the small print left unfound.
There's just one more thing, the Queen said and smiled, I trifling thing you'll agree.
It's the castle you see, whilst fit for a King, it's made completely of cheese.

So here we are at the end of the story, with a new King in town.
But rather than smiles and parties and balls, all he does is frown.
Tricked by the Queen and his own selfish greed, King Bob sits on his throne.
In a castle of cheese, mouldy and blue, he's learned, you reap what you sow!