Chapter 8

Chapter 8:

Jayson's POV:

I woke up in an angry mood and I heard the shower running. I sat up and rolled out my neck and scratched my throat. I tied up my hair and put on suitable clothing to go out and get something to drink.

----

"Where were you?" Jackson asked me. I ignored him and went to my duffle bag pulling out a pair of leggings and my school soccer sweater.

"Seriously Jayson?" He asked angrily. I looked up at him and glared hard into his eyes.

"Listen, Jackson. I don't like you and you don't like me. I don't talk to people I don't like." I said.

"When did I say I didn't like you?" He asked.

"Listen if you cared for me you would try your hardest to make this transition easy. I'm a vampire living with a bunch of werewolves now. You want to know where I was? I went out to get a drink so that I don't drain you or some human dry today." I said storming into the bathroom. I put on the new clothing and went back out to see Jackson standing at the door waiting for me. He wore a navy blue long sleeve and he pushed up the sleeves and he wore a pair of dark jeans. I kept my hair up in a messy bun and I folded my arms.

"I'm sorry." He apologized. I sighed heavily and stared at the floor.

"Don't worry about it." I mumbled following him out the door. I drove with him to school and we pulled in to the crowded parking lot. Many kids walked around with sports equipment. Werewolves were known for sports, vampires were known for elegance.

"Do you play sports?" I asked quietly.

"I play lacrosse." He answered. I nodded and got out tugging my bag over my shoulders as everyone's eyes were on me. I gulped nervously and looked around feeling a break down coming. Werewolves just kept staring. Jackson was in his trunk gathering his stuff when he looked up.

"Jayson? Are you okay?" He asked. I didn't know there were so many of them.

I met his eyes that were actually full of worry and I shook my head no. I tried to control my breathing as I hesitantly took a step back.

"I-I can't do this..." I said shaking. I was having such a bad break down and I didn't know why. I felt as if I would collapse any second. As I stared into space someone's hands touched my face and I flinched looking into Jackson's eyes.

"Relax. No one is going to do anything if you are with me. You have classes with me so don't worry." He said comfortingly. His blood went through my airways as I felt my heart slow down.

"I-I'm in grade eleven." I whispered,

"You took grade twelve courses so we are fast tracking you so you won't be alone next year, just stay with me and no one will do anything." He said as I continued to shake. My heart rate slowed down and I was able to control my breathing but I still shook slightly.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Y-yea I'll be fine." I said not entirely sure. He sent me a comforting smile and turned to pick up his bag and stick. He locked his car and began walking.

"Jackson?" I asked quietly.

"Yea?" He answered.

"C-can I hold your hand?" I asked nervously as my hands still shook. He turned back surprised.

"W-what?" He asked and I looked away. He took my hand in his and I instantly stopped shaking.

"Don't be so nervous." He said smiling. I looked up and met his eyes and smiled slightly as we continued to walk hand in hand,