Chapter Two

Zayns P.O.V

To Rebecca:

Wanna come to mine after school? xx

From Rebecca:

Why? Thought you were inviting your partner over? xx

To Rebecca:

Turns out my partners Perrie Edwards. There’s no way I’m letting her step a foot in my house. xx

From Rebecca:

Call me now xx

I grabbed out my iPhone to call Rebecca. We were still in English and Perrie was working on our project. Her glasses were falling down her nose and she had to keep pushing them back up. I dialled Rebecca’s number, having memorized it years ago.

“Zayn?” she answered.

“Hello to you too.” Perrie looked up at me through the top of her glasses curiously. She’s probably wondering why I’m on the phone. Or who I’m talking to. Ugh, why is she looking at me? Can’t she go talk to one of her friends instead? Does she even have friends? I wouldn’t think so. I mean look at her, she has no personality whatsoever and can’t even speak properly!

“Are you seriously partners with Perrie?” Rebecca said, interrupting me from my thoughts.

“Yeah I am. So do you want to come over earlier? I’d rather die than be seen with her.” Perrie looked down with tears in her eyes. So what, it’s not like I care.

“No. I want you to invite Perrie over instead.” Good thing I wasn’t drinking or I would have spat it all over the peoples in front of us work.

“Why the hell would I do that?” I sneered. Is Rebecca crazy?! Why the hell would I invite her over?

“Look I’ll tell you at lunch okay? I just really want you do this for me.”

“Fine I will. I have to go; Mrs Flack is giving me dirty looks. Love you.” I hung up the phone and looked at Perrie. I didn’t want her to come over. But I also wanted to make Rebecca happy. I always have. Since the moment we met I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. I actually planned on proposing to her the year after we graduated. I couldn’t imagine my life with anyone else.

***

I walked over to my table in the cafeteria. It was right in the middle of the big room. Only my closest of friends got to sit with us and it was the most envied spot in the whole school. If you sat there it meant you were my friend. And if you were my friend it meant that your life was perfect.

I sat down in the middle of the table. Surrounding me were Rebecca, Niall, Louis, Liam, Danielle, Eleanor and my childhood best friend Harry. Me and Harry had been through everything together. He knew everything about me and I always went to him if I ever needed help with anything. They looked up at me as I put my food on the table. Niall immediately stole my Twix and continued on his conversation with Liam.

“Did you guys hear that Zayn's partner for his English assignment is Perrie Edwards?” Everyone at my table stopped talking and turned to look at me. Louis raised his eyebrows at me and Liam gave me a concerned look.

“Mate, that’s harsh.” Liam spoke softly. I nodded my head and continued eating my food.

“Do you guys mind?” I joked. They were all staring at me. Rebecca reached across the table and took my hand.

“Did you invite her to your house?” She gently said. I gave her a pointed look.

“Unfortunately I did.”

Louis’s face scrunched up in disgust. “Why would you do that?” Danielle nodded her head, agreeing.

“Because Rebecca told me to.”

Louis spat out the food he just put in his mouth and looked at me like I was a lunatic. “One, mate you’re totally whipped. And two,” he turned to face Rebecca, “Why the fuck would you ask him to do that?”

Rebecca met Louis’s questioning gaze and spoke to the whole group. “I used to be friends with her.” Louis scoffed. “No, seriously I was. It was before high school. I was new to London and I didn’t really know anyone so when she introduced herself to me we ended getting really close. I told her everything. Our relationship was just like Zayn and Harry’s, just we hadn’t known each other for as long. Well one day I invited her to my place and she said she couldn’t come. I thought nothing of it at the time but the same thing was happening with my boyfriend. I started getting suspicious and followed her home one day. I texted her to come meet me, but she said she was at her grandmother’s house. I was outraged! She lied to me and I was determined to find out why. So I went into her house and caught her making out with my boyfriend. She even tried to cover it up! Saying it wasn’t what it looked like and it was his fault. Well that was bullshit considering the next day she told everyone every single secret I had ever told her.” Rebecca’s face contorted in anger, “I hate her. I honestly do, and that’s why I need your help Zayn.” Everyone looked at me again. For god sakes can they stop that?

I don’t understand how making Perrie come to my house after school will help you.”

“Zayn, sweetie you are by far the best looking guy at this school.”

“No he’s not.”

“Shut up Niall. As I was saying, it would be easy for you to make her tell you her secrets. Then when the time comes we can tell everybody. What little social life she once had will be over and I’ll finally get her back for everything she did to me. Plus, it will be the best prank you’ve ever pulled.” I looked at her with doubt. I mean, I don’t like Perrie by any means but what she did to Rebecca happened years ago. Should she really be punished now?

“How would I even...?”

Rebecca sighed and flicked her hair over her shoulder.

“Babe, do whatever you need to. This guy was my first love. This matters to me.” I raised my eyebrows at her.

“Why does it matter so much if you’re with me now?” everybody looked at Rebecca.

“That’s a fair point....” Harry said slowly.

“Zayn, honey I love you. I can’t picture my life with anyone else and I’ll never be with anyone else. If Perrie hadn’t done what she did, and I stayed with Justin, I would have dumped him the second I met you. But that still doesn’t change the fact that she did what she did!” Rebecca let out another sigh. “I love you. More than anything and I would do anything for you. So can’t you do this one little thing for me?”

“Ugh, fine.”  

A/N

Thankyou for reading and I promise Zerrie fluff will happen soon! Also Rebecca is Rebecca Furgeson. Or however you spell that.

well....... BYE THEN!