Crossover -Doctor Who Chapter 7

As they were entering the building one of the soldiers on the horse said, "Mackeson and Ramsey, you will escort the property. Hurry up."

"Yes sir." Both man said as I watched the coach opened the door and allowed the two men to get a small box.

"So, what's in there than?" The Doctor asked in a scottish voice.

"Property of the crown." The soldier said on the horse to answer the Doctor's question "You will dismiss any further thoughts sir. The rest of you go to the rear of the house. Assume your designated positions."

The Doctor gave Rose and I a sort of frowny face.

"You heard the orders." One of the other soldiers said as they all started to move into position.

The Doctor nodded toward the door and all three of us went into the house.

Sir Robert lead us through that castle to a room that in a way reminded me of someone who was fascinated with the planets as a representation was off to the side, the sun in the middle and the other planets all around it.

But what caught my eye was the giant sort of telescope pointed at the sky.

Queen said to Sir Robert, "This, I take it, is the famous Endeavour." I had to keep myself still and not just go up to the telescope as curiosity was bursting through me.

" All my father's work,"Sir Robert started to say, "Built by hand in his final years. Became something of an obsession. He spent his money on this rather than caring for the house or himself."

The Doctor said to Robert, "I wish I met him. I like him. That thing is beautiful. Can I, um.." The Doctor gestured toward the telescope.

"Help yourself." Sir Robert said with that all three of us went near the telescope as the Doctor asked, "What did he model it on?"

"I know nothing about it. To be honest" Sir Robert said as the Doctor reached the Telescope, "Most of us thought him a little... shall we say, eccentric."

The Doctor laughed a little as I looked through the telescope before frowning and letting the Doctor look through it.

As Robert didn't notice the exchange he said, "I wish now I'd spent more time with him and listen to his stories."

"It's a bit rubbish." The Doctor said looking between the telescope that was suppose to be looking at the stars and the outside of it at where it was pointed, "How many prisms does it got? Way too many. The magnification has gone right over top. That's a stupid kind of-"

"Am I being rude again?" The Doctor asked Rose and I cutting of his own sentence.

"Yup." I said as Rose nodded.

"But it's pretty. It's very...pretty." The Doctor corrected

"And the imagination of it should be applauded." The queen said

Rose spoke up this time to my amusement, "Thought you might disapprove, your majesty. Stargazing. Isn't that a bit fanciful? You could easily be not amused or something. No?"

Her majesty replied, "This device surveys the work of a god. What could be finer?" I muttered to the Doctor, "Then she shouldn't see any of Tony's works if she thinks this is god works."

The Doctor smiled a split second of amuse before we focused on what was happening around us.

Her majesty turned to Sir Robert as she said this, "Sir Robert's father was an example to us all, a polymath, steeped in astronomy and the sciences, yet equally well-versed in folklore and fairy tales."

"Stars and magic. I like him more and more." The Doctor said smiling

Her majesty continued after The Doctor's comment, "Oh, my late husband enjoyed his company. Prince Albert himself was acquainted with many rural superstitions, coming, as he did, from Saxe-Coburg."

"That's Bavaria." The Doctor mutter to Rose in her ear as I already knew where it was.

This time her majesty directed this bit to Sir Robert again, "When Albert was told about your local wolf, he was transported."

The Doctor and I were both interested and I beat the Doctor in asking, "So what's this wolf, then?"

"it's just a story." Sir Robert said

"Then tell it." I said actually interested in this story.

I watched as Sir Robert somewhat glance at the people behind him, I knew there was something about them but I couldn't pinpoint it, but I didn't trust them.

"It's said that-" Sir Robert was interrupted by the head man, "Excuse me, sir. Perhaps her majesty's party could repair to their rooms. It's almost dark."

Sir Robert glanced at the man at the last bit and I couldn't help but have a sinking feeling of what that meant especially as Sir Robert said, "Of course," with a fake smile, "Yes, of course."

"And then supper." Her majesty said and I could understand, I was also hungry "and, could we find some clothes for Miss Tyler? I'm tired of nakedness."

"it's not amusing, is it?" Rose just had to had and I had to keep from snorting my smothering my mouth quickly.

Her queen just gave her a dead look before going back to Robert, "Sir Robert, your wife must have left some clothes. See to it." She said quickly and annoyed by Rose's actions, "we shall dine at 7:00 and talk some more about this wolf. After all...there is a full moon tonight."

My eyebrows rose as I thought about some of the strange things but before I could comment to the Doctor Robert had said, "So there is, ma'am." he bowed and lead us to our rooms.