Chapter 12: Surprise

Hey all! Hope you like this chapter, been thinking hard about it. 

Don't forget to vote and comment! 

love you all!

_______________________________________________

2 weeks later

Cesi's P.O.V

I twisted my earing, fiddled with my ring, and sat, through out all this i just couldn't stop thinking about these past few weeks with luke and Jack...Jack, I should call him and tell him whats going on. I should call and apologize. But....

3 weeks earlier

New York City, Harlem 

"Hey Cesi! I did it! I got a job!" Luke came running through the door slamming it behind him. 

"Oh my god sweetie that's incredible!" I hugged him, "Where did you get a job?" 

"MTV, Im a comedy consultant, and i get paid a butt load." He smiled and laughed. I hugged him once again, "Let's go celebrate! Call Cam! Call Jack! Call all of your friends and let's have a party!" 

"Alright, alright! I'll call my friends so you can meet them and we can celebrate." Before he left he kissed me quickly and ran off to my room, (well the curtain around my bed). I could hear the bed flop down and  the T.V. go on, i smiled. 

"Hey Jack! Luke got a job and he wants celebrate cause...he's never had a job." 

"Cool so where are we celebrating?"

"I'm not sure we could go somewhere classic like Mclaren's?" 

"Or Maybe that cowboy bar 'giddy ups' anywhere is really good." 

"Who else should i call? Like whose in town now?" 

"Call Isaac and maybe Kit," He paused, "Do you have any friends who are girls?" 

"Yes, well no, i do but their both in austraillia right now." I laughed it was true all my friends were well guys. "I'll call them meet me at Mclaren's in say an hour?" 

"Of course see you there!" Jack hung up the phone and i did a few second later.  

 An hour later we were sitting at a table in my favorite pub in mahattan. 

"Luke, you know Jack already, this is Kit, a good friend of mine, and Isaac." 

"What I'm not a good friend of yours?" Isaac said pretending to be offended. 

"Isaac your my ex...of course your a good friend." I smiled and grabbed his hand, "So these are my friends." Luke put his arm around me. 

"So I'll get the next round!" Jack said jumping up. "On me." He left the booth and walked to the bar. 

He came back a few minutes later and pulled Isaac from the table, most likely to help with the drinks. 

"So Kit how long have you known Cesi?" 

"Since kindergarden, and Isaac has known her since 9th grade. we were all best friends in higschool she was that girl who always hung out with the guys." Kit bumped my shoulder. and we laughed.

"God higschool, good times." I smiled Isaac came back to the table placing a beer infront of luke and kit and slid into his seat taking a sip of his beer. Jack followed just a few seconds later careefully trying to to spill my martini. Before he set it down i asked him my usual questions. "Vodka martini?"

he nodded, "four olives?" 

"Yes I know what you drink Cesi just take it!" Luke Laughed and took it from his hands handing it to me. 

3 weeks later 

Lukes' P.O.V. 

I had never seen her so hurt, She just sat there barely looking me in the eye, just a few moments ago we were so happy and know what? 

well, we're not happy anymore that's all i can say.  What had happened in these last two weeks was amazing. 

2 weeks earlier

"Cesi it's late i wanna sleep!" 

"No c'mon im having fun! Tell me what you wanted to be when you were little." 

I laughed, we were playing this game, when we realized that we really didn't know that much about eachother. 

"I wanted to be a fire man, but i wasn't strong enough, so now i...well you know." 

"Screw up austraillia. and make everyone laugh? Yeah i know what you do." She laughed her cute little laugh. 

"Can i go to sleep now?" 

"Fine!" She rolled over on to her side as wrapped my arm around her waist. "G'night Luke."

"G'night," I said kissing her neck. 

The next morning was just the same, amazing as always. I left for work early just as Cesi was waking up. 

She wasn't the kind of girl i usually dated, she wasn't the quiet cutesy type of girl who i always pictured myself with. she was better and i think that was what made me open that door on the way to work. 

I smiled as the shop bell rung and the man behind the counter looked up and smiled back. 

2 weeks later

Jack's P.O.V.

I held be phone loosly between my hands, the tv buzzing and the annoying little wheel on my computer kept spinning. I wasn't happy, but i was...no i really wasn't who am i kidding. It was early...like 4 a.m. early and i hadn't fallen asleep last night till almost 2. I stood pulling a sweatshirt over my bare chest and threw on my speries. 

My car keys in hand I walked down the steps, and into my car. It was late so the subway was not an option, too long of a ride. 

I pulled up in front of Veselka my favorite 24 hour diner in New york city. just blocks away from where Cesi Cam and I went to middle school. The waitresses here know me and Cesi, this is were we spend our nights when we can't sleep it's where we always spent our nights and our days. 

Just as the waitress smiled and poured my coffee. She called. 

"Cesi?" 

"Hey Jack." Her voice was quiet and her voice was muffled she had been crying.

"How are they?" 

"Bad." The word echoed in my head, 'bad'. was not a good word. 

"How..uh" I cleared my throat, "How are you?" 

She sighed her happy sigh, "I'm fne, great actually but i was in stress mode and when we got off the plane it was just all that much worse." 

"Well send Lauren my love." I said. 

"I will, as always...love you jack," She giggled the way she always did when we ended our phone conversations.

"Love you too." I said just before hanging up the phone. 

"Whats...wrong jack?" a waitress asked placing a piece of blueberry pie infront of me. "Was that Cesi? Where is your girl tonight." she said laughing.

"Austrailia, our..uh...our friends were in a car accident and are in the hospital in Melbourne." i gulped. this is how it went. They all knew me and cesi. They knew everything, "Lauren lost alot of blood and she hasn't woken up yet." 

"I'm so sorry!" they all gasped. 

"And the worse part is, all this sucky stuff is happening there but i can't stop thinking of Cesi." 

"Yeah are you two together yet or what? You would be cute!" It's incredible how fast the topic can change here. I laughed though. 

"No...

She's engaged."