P E R I S H

LAST NIGHT Rick told me they'd arrange a cellblock for sick people, or at least infected ones

LAST NIGHT Rick told me they'd arrange a cellblock for sick people, or at least infected ones. We didn't have to stay there throughout the day unless we were sick, we just needed to stay away from healthy people. Needless to say, I didn't sleep much.

I find Glenn walking back from digging up graves and jog towards him as he starts talking to Hershel. They greet me as we keep walking. "We'll be okay, right?" I ask Hershel.

"Yeah, Karen and David were already sick. If we were gonna get it, we would've gotten it by now." Glenn says, making me turn to him confused. He reluctantly fills me in on what happened to them, stating that I can't tell anyone. There's a killer in the prison...

I quickly nod my head as Hershel responds. "It doesn't happen on a timeline. It's different with everyone."

"But we could be okay?" I ask, biting my lip. I don't wanna get sick, I don't Carl to get sick, or Judy, or anyone.

"Yeah, we could. Everything could be okay..." Hershel trails off. Glenn looks at me and taps me on the back lightly. I roll my eyes but get the not-so-subtle message, walking away. A cough stops me, though.

I turn around to find Sasha bent over as she coughs madly, gasping for breath. She holds onto the bars as she moves, stopping Hershel and I when we start moving towards her. Her legs give out a little, though. Without thinking, I move towards her to catch her. She catches her footing and thanks me as I realize what I've done. I move away, careful to not touch anybody else as she talks. "Gonna see Doctor S... I'm gonna be okay." She walks away slowly and I turn to Glenn with wide, panicked eyes.

"Uh, go wash your hands. Don't touch anyone." He instructs, seeming unsure of what to do.

"Should I go see Doctor S?" I ask, my voice barely above a whisper as I dread the thought of getting ill. Glenn nods, muttering about a quarantine zone. "Tell Carl where I am if he asks, but don't let him come near me." I tell them shakily before jogging away.

I walk inside, getting to a bathroom and washing my hands quickly, when I get hit with a sudden wave of nausea. I don't puke, thank god, but my head starts pounding as I start walking towards Block A.

I definitely need to see Doctor S.

I struggle a bit to open the door, but wish I hadn't when I get in. There are people coughing and groaning, and definitely a few walkers inside closed cells, but the worst part is seeing Doctor S, the man who was supposed to help me, on the ground as he coughs.

✖✖✖✖

My whole body starts hurting, so I find a cell for myself, but I don't lock the door. I try to close my eyes but I still can't fall asleep even though I was up all night yesterday. I just cough and stare at ceiling. I'm getting worse, I have coughing fits more often and I can't move without a wave of sudden nausea hitting me. I hear more people getting inside and I get up slowly, trying to get past the urge to vomit as I walk towards the door. Carol's eyes widen when she spots me.

"Do me a favour." I whisper, my voice raspy from all the coughing. She nods, holding onto her mask. "Tell me what you're gonna do. Are you just gonna quarantine us or-" She cuts me off.

"No, we're putting the kids and elders in the office block." She says. I nod, knowing they'd probably do something like that.

"Tell Carl where I am. Tell him I'm not dying... and tell him I miss him." She nods, sympathy and sadness lacing her features. "Don't let him come near this block. He's gonna try, don't let him-" I cut myself off, coughing. I make sure to move away from Carol, and look at my hand, seeing it shine crimson.

Her eyes widen as she moves away slightly. She nods and closes the door, but she doesn't move. A few seconds pass and she opens the door again, Lizzie by her side. "Casey can tuck you in, right?" She looks at me, tears shining in her eyes.

I nod, realizing what's going on. "I'm the best ever when it comes to tucking people in. Come on." I force myself to smile as I take the blonde's tiny hand in mine.

I let Lizzie sleep in my cell and try to find Glenn. Doctor S told me he was here, and he can't be doing well. I'm about to start walking up the stairs to his cell when I hear the gate open. I take a while to adjust to the sudden light, but after a few seconds I see Hershel limping into the room, carrying something.

I walk towards him as fast as I can, which isn't really fast at all, to see how sick he is. He looks at me and mutters. "I'm not sick... But, I want to help somehow. Drink this." He pours something into a mug, handing it to me before starting to move towards other people.

I stare at him incredulously, but only move to cough. He's putting himself in danger, risking his health, for other people's sake? Hershel's a tough man, but he's old. He could get seriously sick. Why is he risking it?

For Maggie. Glenn's here, and he knows she'd go mad if she lost him... But I know she'll go mad if she loses her father as well.

He starts handing the mugs out, before stopping to ask me where Glenn is. I direct Hershel to the stairs and follow him, still wanting to talk to Glenn. He's hunched over as he coughs, but still manages to look better than me. My throat is raw from all the coughing and throwing up, my whole body is weak, and everything hurts. Breathing, talking, moving, everything makes me ache.

He looks at Hershel surprised, but doesn't say anything, only taking the mug from him and drinking as I slowly sit down next to him. "I'm fine. I'm fine." He mutters, trying to get up. He gives up after a while, the pain probably kicking in.

Hershel hands us both some wet towels, telling us to keep them on our foreheads. "Veterinarian's orders." He says.

Glenn sighs before talking. "This sucks... After everything, we're just gonna taken out by a glorified cold?" Glenn asks, looking up at Hershel, who's shaking his head.

"Don't say stuff like that. Don't even think things like that." He tells Glenn. Tears start forming in the corners of my eyes as I think about what's gonna happen.

Sasha told us Michonne, Daryl, and Bob went out to get us meds, but that'll take a while. A lot of people could die. I could die. I've managed so long without dying, I don't wanna die. "We're not gonna die." I mutter, a tear escaping my eye as I lay my head against the concrete wall. "I didn't see my mom, my dad, Lori, Sophia, everyone die, so I could die from a goddamn cold... I don't wanna die." My voice breaks as I start crying.

Glenn wraps his arm around me, letting me cry on his shoulder as Hershel talks. "We got this far somehow. You can believe something. We've all got jobs here, that one's yours. " He tells Glenn, as I wipe my tears. "You're not gonna die, Casey. Not as long as I'm around." I smile as he puts Glenn's towel back on his forehead.

✖✖✖✖

hi!

so, #glasey anyone??? (omfg they are brotp af)

just imagine carl is freaking out about this whole thing... i might put a third person pov in the next chapter, just so we see how he's doing... would you like that?

well, thank you for reading, please vote if you enjoyed and comment if glasey is cute af :).

goodbye,
-angryfeminist