Lacey

I turned off the silver faucet and grabbed the white hand towel from the rack just behind the door, dabbing my face dry with the soft material. I could hear Daniel fumbling around in the kitchen making dinner as I slid on my silk night dress. The fabric was cold against my skin as I gave it a moment to adjust before walking out to join him. The smell was intoxicating as the fresh aroma of crisply cut lettuce accompanied by the tender smell of vegetables simmering in a light oriental stir-fry, swirled around the room in a heavenly delight.

I tiptoed up behind him, grabbing him by the waist and rested my head in the middle of his back just hard enough to hear his heartbeat through the polo shirt I had bought him for his birthday. His endearing laugh resonated through his entire body and echoed in my ear. I squeezed him tighter, never wanting to let go - of him, of this moment - for the rest of our lives. If I could just have that, my life would be complete.

The table was silent as we sat across from each other, but his smile said it all as he poured us both another glass of wine. The energy in the atmosphere was beyond electric as I tried to finish out the meal, subtly - or so I thought - hiding my desire to grab him across the table and kiss him like it was the first time we had ever met.

But he beat me to it.

Before I knew it, the salad bowl was on the floor and one of the plates had cracked. But I couldn't care less about it, I never liked them anyway.

The heat of his breath was like fire against my skin as he slid off my silk dress and I unbuttoned his shirt, running my hands beneath it against his heated frame. The room was spinning as I felt myself losing control. Losing myself in the scent of his cologne, the warmth of his embrace, the electricity in his touch. I wanted all of him and nothing, so much so, that the feeling was almost too much for me to bare.

I could hear the cutlery hitting the floor as he threw me onto the dining room table, shifting everything aside as he lay me down and grabbed my legs, pulling me deeper into him. I wrapped myself around his body and let the passion from the fire engulf me, holding on to him as it burned into the darkest depths of my soul. I couldn't hold the sounds back anymore as I allowed them to escape my lips in a fury of breathless moans.

I grabbed him.

Harder.

Tighter.

With everything I had.

Until I had nothing left.

I could hear his heavy breathing in my ear as I felt his heartbeat slowly fall back into pace with mine, holding on to me as if letting go would mean the end of us both.

Ba-dum.

Ba-dum.

Ba-dum.

Ba-dum.

Ba-dum.

Ba-dum.