Chapter 16: 1978- Conversation with Cherie... "And Now... The Runaways"

The Runaways had another album out. It was called "And Now... The Runaways" It was one of the best albums ever!! Jack was about to leave home for University. Which was pretty hard on the both of us because we finally had a really good friendship, for once.

.....

"I'm really going to miss you, Jack" I told him as he finished packing his bags and was about to go in his car. "I'm going to miss you too, Tammy." Jack responded to me. We both had tears in our eyes. Jack pulled me in for a hug and kissed me on the forehead. "I love you, Tammy. Stay safe, stay out of trouble, take care of yourself and follow the steps so you can do what you want you want to do with your life." "I wish you all the best, Jack" I replied back to him.

Jack put his suitcase in the car. Then he got in "Goodbye!" He called out. I waved back to him with a tear in my eye. Jack drove off. Now he is on his way to Stanford university. 

.....

I need to say a bit about Cherie since she left The Runaways. She still is struggling with drug and alcohol addictions. Cherie and her twin sister Marie decided to sing together and tour together. They've had a few albums. They called themselves 'Cherie & Marie Currie" Then Cherie decided to sing as a soloist, for a bit...

It is now December of 1978... I got home from school and the phone was ringing. I picked it up. "Hello?" "Hey, Tammy. It's Cherie" There was a moment of silence. I was really shocked that it was Cherie on the phone. I didn't know what to say. "Hello? Tammy? Are you there?" "Ch- Ch- Cherie. Hi. Sorry about that. Uhh... H-h-how- how are you doing?" I responded.

"Not bad. How are you?" Cherie answered "Uhh... I'm good thanks." I said. "So Tammy" Cherie continued. Can you meet me at the Sugar Shack (Another club in California) tonight please? I need to talk to you about something" "Me?" I answered "S-s-Sure. What time" I asked

"10:30." Cherie answered. "Okay I'll see you then." I said. "Thanks, Tammy. Bye"

.....At The Sugar Shack.....

It was 10:30pm. I was outside the Sugar Shack, waiting for Cherie. The doors to the inside were behind me. They started to open. Then I saw Cherie come out. "Hey!" She said. Cherie gave me a hug and draged me inside. We decided to sit at the bar. We had a few shots and then Cherie told me why she needed to talk to me here, tonight.

"I've been wanting to be an actress in a movie for some time now." She said. I auditioned for a movie called "Foxes" I got the role. And we will be filming about all year, next year.  The movie will be released in 1980. "Woah" I interrupted. "But wait" I continued. "What does this have to do with me?" 

"Because Joan doesnt know yet" Cherie answered. "Can't you just tell her, yourself?" I asked. "No I cant, Tammy" "Why?" I asked. "Just listen to me, Tammy. I want you to tell Joan the next time you see her. Not on the phone. The next time you see her."

"Cherie. I haven't seen Joan since last year. There's no way that I'm ever going to see her again because she's so busy." "Doesnt matter when you see her." She needs to know." Cherie interrupted. I wanted to keep that promise to Cherie. So I told her that I would tell Joan whenever I get the chance...

...

After a while of dancing at The Sugar shack, Cherie and I got really drunk and high from smoking weed. All of a sudden we started making out and she took me back to her place and we started making out again in her room. The next thing I now... The sun is up, I wake up naked beside Cherie in her bed.. Ohh Boy! Joan seriously cannot know bout this!