Prologue

A/N Harry Potter and Percy Jackson and the Olympians belong to J.K Rowling and Rick Riordan respectively. This is a creation of fan work and is non commercial.

Perseus Jackson was a strange person, Harry decided.

He came from overseas and had the weirdest American accent and said strange sayings. He had ADHD and dyslexia, and was that kid who stood up for every kid, even from the 7th years. He was a Gryffindor, but he consorted with Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws and even Slytherins.

No, Harry amended, he wasn't strange. He was downright odd.

Some years, he left a couple days early. He wouldn't say for what, but he always acted strange during those times. Some days, he missed classes or came late, with his tie crooked and robes askew, and just gave the professors a mischievous grin, who rolled their eyes assigned him a detention and deducted house points. Harry wasn't sure if he was the only one who noticed the gold dust settling on his shoulders, and the relief that shook his body when the teachers turned around.

Perseus preferred to be called Percy, but Harry couldn't blame him for that. If he had a name like that, he would get himself a nickname too. Besides, Percy was a far better nickname than Scarface or Pottyhead.

Percy faced Voldemort with Harry his first year. His second year, he ventured down into the Chamber of Secrets with Harry, and helped slay the basilisk with some magic bronze sword thing. His third year, well, that was all Harry. Percy never managed to do a patronus until the middle of fourth year.

Speaking of fourth year, Percy's name flew out of the Goblet of Fire. Harry could never figure why though. He could understand himself, boy-who-lived and all, but Percy? Perhaps good ol' Voldemort had a grudge on him since first year. Percy, Cedric, and Harry were all transported to the graveyard, but when the Dark Lord commanded, Kill the spare!, only Cedric had been murdered. What about Percy? Why did Lord Voldemort claim that he knew Percy's secret? Why did he want Percy to join him so badly? Did Harry imagine the paleness of Percy's face when Voldemort mentioned his secret?

Fifth year, while Harry was somber and moody, Percy was cheerful and even lovestruck, as if the return of Voldemort never happened. Yet there were times, when he did seem distant. Right before winter break, Percy disappeared.

Nobody could find him. His mother was contacted, but Percy hadn't written in a week. Everyone was frantic. He wasn't with his relatives in America. He wasn't anywhere in Wizarding Britain. There was no sign of any kidnapping, a fight, or any magic being done. Only a empty, fully made bed that greeted Harry in the morning.

That was the last time anyone had seen Perseus Jackson.

Harry thought back to when he first met him.

All the compartments were full, except for one at the end of the train. There was only one in that compartment. Shyly, Harry peeked through the door. Would he be rejected? He had never had a friend before.

"Can-Can I sit here?" Harry hovered on the edge of the door, wait for the boy, who looked slightly older than him, to tell him that he wasn't welcome here.

The boy, who was tapping his fingers against his knee and looking out a window, immediately snapped his head towards him. To his amazement, the boy's eyes lit up.

"Of course! I'm Percy Jackson. Well, technically, the name's Perseus, but it's a mouthful. And you are?" he asked, sticking out his hand.

The first thing Harry noticed was the foreign American accent. The second thing Harry had registered about Percy was his eyes. They were swirling depths of sea green, that seemed to change with every second, from churning waves, to smooth, green glass. They were powerful. He shook himself out of his trance.