Prologue

Regulus Black married a young girl named Violetta Nous.

They had a baby girl named Miriella.

Regulus died while trying to destroy Salazar Slytherin's locket.

End of story right? Well what happened to Violetta and her daughter?

Violetta knew she couldn't take care of a baby on her own while coping with her recent husbands death. All she knew how to do was make a few potions since she hadn't gone to school. She did know that she had to put her child up for adoption but there were still missing pieces of the puzzle. Was her daughter a witch? Who could she trust with her? Does she want her daughter knowing of her past? She knew she didn't want her daughter knowing she was a Black but she did know that she owed it to this small girl in her arms to at least know of her ancestry. So Violetta wrote a note. The note explained of the girls name and birthday and parents. It explained the tearful reason why Violetta could not keep the girl. She then took her child to her old friend's house, Lilac Wetherford. She explain what happened and Lilac happily took in the small girl. She promised to take care of the girl.

"Will you visit the child?" Lilac Wetherford asked her dear friend while holding the sleeping baby. Violetta gripped onto the note. She looked at her friend with a grim expression. Realization flashed across her friends face.

"I cannot. I have no money and i need to make a living. That will not take place here." She explained in a pained voice. Water droplets fell down the windows as a storm brewed outside. The moon was covered by clouds and the only light source was a dim lamp resting on a side table by and old worn out leather couch.

"Stay here. We have a spare room you can share with your daughter. William will not mind." Lilac begged, making the baby rest in her left arm while putting her right hand on Violetta's shoulder.

"No. You have barely have any money yourselves. You cannot afford to feed two more mouths." She said taking hold of her friends hand.

"But we can suffice. I have old clothing i can sell and a few books i have no use for." Lilac Wetherford persisted, not liking the idea of her friend going out on her own alone.

"Do not give things up to spare me some protection and food. I need to find my own way." Violetta said. She pulled her friends hand off her shoulder and placed the note inside, "Give this to her when she is older. I want her to know of her father." Her friend's eyes started to water because she knew she could not argue anymore. She pulled her friend into a tight embrace making sure the child was alright and bid her friend a farewell.

"Goodbye Violetta Black. You will always be more than a sister to me. Be safe. I will care for the child as if she were my own." 

"Thank you. That is more than i can ask for." With that, Violetta pulled her coat tighter against her, gave her daughter a kiss on the forehead, and went out the door into the storm and night not looking back.

***

Miriella grew up not knowing she was adopted. She always called Lilac Wetherford, Mum. And William Wetherford, Dad. Never once had she thought about how different she looked than her parents. She, for one, had dark brown almost black hair that curled at the bottom and grey eyes. Her skin tone was a light copper color. Whereas, Lilac Wetherford had straight blonde hair and brown eyes. Her husband had black hair with blue eyes and the same pale skin tone as his wife. Never once had she noticed that they were a very kind and peaceful couple while she was a risk taker and action-oriented. She never so much as blinked twice at the sad look the couple would throw at her from time to time. 

Although she did not know of her real ancestry, she did, in fact, know she was a witch. Both of her parents, the Wetherfords, were magical so it was no problem finding out she was the same. They had gotten her a wand in Diagon Alley as everyone else but she did not attend Hogwarts. A witch in her neighborhood offered to teach her. The Wetherfords wanted to keep Miriella close to them because of Sirius Black escaping Azkaban. They feared he was trying to find Violetta which would then lead to Miriella. Even though this thought was far fetched, Mrs. Wetherford was a very paranoid lady and wanted Miriella safe.