Needed to Go

Okay Lovelies! Back to the story! Comment and Vote!
Thanks for reading.
Rynn
--------------------
On Monday morning instead of being woken by my alarm like usual, I was woken by the shrill ringing of my cell phone. Picking up, I drowsily greeted the person on the other line who so happened to be my father. His tone was solemn and he spoke slowly as if even he had no idea what he was saying. After he hung up, I went and sat down on the piano bench that I used to share with my mother. Devastated and blindly reacting to news that I would wish upon nobody, I slammed my hands down on the keys. I did it over and over again, following a rage path that only my mind had the map to. Grabbing the bat that I had left on the couch after battering Tamaki, I brought it down over the porcelain white lid of the piano and watched it splinter into pieces. Like a well oiled machine I broke the instrument into bits. With tears running down my face, I threw the bat across the room and flopped down onto the couch. I wept harder than I had when Tamaki had left me in France and that's how I fell back into my deep sleep.

When I woke up, It was to hushed whispers. Cracking my tear tightened eyes, I saw widened eyes and gasping mouths. I sighed and dropped my head back onto the couch considering I didn't care what they did right now. I groaned and got up to walk to the bathroom only to see the horrible state that I was in. Red lines streaked down my cheeks in the paths that my tears created. My lips were swollen and my nose was red. I looked as if I had the flu. I washed my face to hopefully save whatever part of my face that was left skin toned. Once I walked back into the living room, I saw that Tamaki was crouching by the demolished piano and the rest of the hosts, except Haruhi who was nowhere to be seen, were sitting on the same couch that I had broken down on this morning. Sitting down ever so gracefully, I leaned back into the unoccupied armchair. Their eyes followed me as if I was a murderer waiting for my chance to attack. Haruhi ran in gasping, looking at the hosts then finally noticing the destruction I had caused forcing her jaw to drop.

"What happened?!" She then turned to look at the twins. "What did you do?"

They looked at her and shrugged still a little creeped out. She looked at me and I avoided her gaze. Tamaki walked over to the rest of us and looked straight at me. It was then when the first tears escaped my tired eyes that his eyes filled with understanding. It was also the first time that I saw Mori show any type of emotion around others. While Tamaki sat on the arm of the chair, Mori leaned forward in his seat visibly showing concern. That happened to cause some odd looks.

"They didn't do anything." I spoke for the first time that day.

"Then what happened?" Tamaki asked with a tone of seriousness. " Because I know that piano meant everything to you."

I shook my head. "No. I did that, It needed to go."

"It needed to go?" He looked at me like I was mentally insane. At that point, I might as well have been. "Your mother taught you to play on that piano. That was more than just a piano."

"Well, even memories need to go sometimes." At least that was how I felt.

"What the hell are you even saying? Memories need to go, okay. Fine." He turned to the door to walk out when the words I spoke stopped him in his tracks.

"Yeah Tamaki, That's what happens when people die." He looked at me in confusion once again.

"What?"

"My mom and Alexander died Tamaki. They're gone." He looked down and took a minute to compose himself and then looked around the room once more. From the piano, which I ruined out of rage and frustration, to the bat that was once my brother's. He walked over to the bat and picked it up.

"Fine, but i'm taking this. You'll thank me when you remember that you don't want to get rid of this memory too." With his final and angered words, he swiftly turned on his heel and strutted out the door. I knew that I was going to lose my cool as soon as he was out the door.

"Can you," I paused trying not to break down. " Can you all please leave?"

They all started to shuffle out the door, but before Haruhi left she walked over to me and whispered a few words of acknowledgement.

"I know that you want to isolate yourself, and I know that all you can think of is the overwhelming pain, but I want you to know that when you get to the point where you need to talk to someone who actually understands I'll be there." I nodded and she took her leave also.

It's insane how true Haruhi's words actually were. In that moment, I didn't know if I could've helped myself. The sobs racked my body one after another. The overwhelming pain of missing something that I couldn't get back wormed into my consciousness. It felt like I was lost in a dark place with no light to guide me. I also know that I responded to Tamaki in the wrong way. Yes, It was my mother and my brother and I'll never get them back. However, they were also like his aunt and cousin and neither will he. I started to wonder how I would fix it with Tamaki, which only made my cry harder.

Unexpectedly, there was a presence hugging me from behind. I looked up only to see that it was Mori. I turned and cried into his chest and he embraced me as if I was going to shatter into millions of small pieces. I knew that it was true. If he wasn't there I would've resembled a stained glass window shattered beyond repair.

"Do you want to tell me what happened?" He stated.

"My dad called me this morning to tell me that my mom and brother died." I said in between sobs. "I snapped and ruined one of the most vivid memories I could've had of my mother. Now they're gone forever and Tamaki is pissed off at me and I have no idea what to do." He had no response but to hold me closer against his chest and let me cry on him.

"Is there going to be a funeral?" He asked.

I nodded, "Next week, which means I need to apologize to Tamaki, because it wouldn't be fair to him to go without him."

He nodded at me. "Right. I guess that means we both need to pack then."

"What? We?"

"I'm going too, you'll need someone to lean on."

"I can handle myself, you know."

"I'm going, I'll always be there when you need someone to lean on, Zafi." He smiled the most fragile smile I had ever seen.