Chapter Five

Hey everyone! :) It's certainly nice to be on Wattpad and know that I finally have the time to dedicate to my stories and to be able to sit back and read. Oh how you miss the freedom when you're constantly bogged down with school work. I hope you enjoy this chapter. The idea came to me while I was at school, and I just harbored it. A quick little factoid to let you to know: I don't even know how this story will end. I'm on for the ride just like you guys are! :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the time lunchtime rolled around I was more than ready to sink my teeth into the specialty the cafeteria had prepared. Unlike many other schools in other states whose cafeteria food was simply unfathomable to consider digesting, the Montgomery Café made anyone's mouth water with just the mere mention of the name. Oh yeah, the food was just that exquisite. I'm not talking about simple chicken tenders or hot wings, I'm talking to gourmet food.

I hate to admit it, but the cafeteria food is the only thing I could ever be thankful for to Mr. Montgomery. I suppose having his son attend the school had its perks by giving the student population the best gourmet food available.

The cafeteria served gourmet food for just about anything you desired, and today I was leaning towards some Kung Pao Chicken complimented by a bowl of freshly steamed Chinese Rice, a fruit plate with melted chocolate, and an extra large Dr. Pepper. I grabbed my order and approached the nearest cashier top pay.

"Well someone has a very healthy appetite today," remarked Sharon.

I smiled at Sharon, one of the many cashiers who knew me and let me get away with pretty much anything  where food was concerned.

"Always," I replied. "How much will it be?"

"Because we all have a soft spot for you and your appetite, $2.00 will be your charge for today and the rest of the year."

"Are you serious?" I looked down at my generous servings and looked up at her, with a brow raised. "You can't possibly tell me all of this is worth $2.00."

"It is for you, Vivian love."

"You guys sure know how to spoil me. Thank you."

With that I headed out in search of my favorite place to eat my meal.

****

I was enjoying the cool relaxing shade of the sycamore tree I was currently situated under when I sensed someone approaching. I looked up from the current page of my novel to meet Roxana's hazel eyes and smile.

"Hi. Can I join you?" She queried.

"I don't see a reason not to."

"Thanks."

"No problem."

We sat in silence for a few minutes until she once again spoke.

"Thanks for rescuing me this morning. You definitely know how to handle that guy."

"You're very welcome. Tyler Montgomery is something everyone in this school fears because his wealth and status. I have no such fears towards him."

"It seems that you're what he fears the most. He blanched when he knew it was you."

" What an interesting little factoid." I replied.

****

My lunch hour ended, but not before Roxana and I became acquainted and I could say we were heading in the path towards friendship. We exchanged contact information and went our separate ways to our respective classes.

 Still even with the possibility at the friendship that might arise, I felt Roxana was hiding something. As a matter of fact I'd been feeling the uncertainty since I walked into school this morning. When I'd heard the tumultuous encounter she had with Tyler, I'd sensed something different about her. I had no paid much attention to it then, but I knew everything was not as it seemed.

It seems only time will tell what is to occur.