39 B.I: Airplane (Pt.2)

B.I:

Hanbin stayed on the floor like that for some time trying to collect his deep thoughts, before hearing the sounds of the airplanes taking off and got up, running as fast as his legs could takehim. This was the final goodbye and this is all he could do to send you off, he ran not caring if he bumped into other people because nothing else mattered anymore. He finally reached the viewing area where all the planes took off, standing there in front of the giant glass that separated him from the airplane she was in, placing both of his hands on the glass and his breath creating a fog on the glass.

He found the plane that Hyemin was on, after scanning the area, it was the plane on the right and he hoped that everything was fine that she would at least reach her destination safely. He prayed in his heart for her to be safe, he saw the plane finally taking off driving around the ground space as he started chasing the plane in the viewing bay. "Hyemin..." he huffed and puffed trying to keep up his eyes never leaving the plane even though in his heart he knew there was no way he could see her again but he just didn't want to let her go, it was way too hard for him to lose her like this but what he didn't know was that doing this was making it more painful for him. When he reached the end of the hallway, like a kid eager to see the airplane take off he glued his face to the glass panel with his hand wanting to reach out for her.

After Hyemin's departure, Hanbin became numb and cold, he dragged himself home lifelessly and almost got hit by a car as he fell down on the road with the car only 3 inches from his face, his eyes trembled in trauma as he stumbled to get up to hear cars horning at him and the driving screaming at him to get lost as he muttered "don't you rotten kids know how to look at where you are going?! what a bad way to start my day, just my rotten luck" he cursed as Hanbin tried to stabalise himself to walk straight without his legs giving away.

as he opened his front door his mother asked him to have some food but he ignored her and went straight up to his room not even taking a look at her. "What's wrong Hanbin-ah?" she asked through the door "please eat a little at least, whatever it is, you still need your strength to get through whatever ordeal you're facing, I'll leave it at your door okay?" you heard the sound of the metal chopsticks clinking as she put it down on the ceramic bowl. He continued to lie down on his bed staying at his model airplane, he actually was a big fan of airplanes and ever since he was young being a pilot was his big dream and one reason was because his father was a pilot and he admired his father in which he only shared with Hyemin and his mum of course, because he thought it was pretty embarrassing so he didn't dare to share it with the other boys in fear they might tease him about it. She even told him when he was a handsome pilot, she'd be the stewardess so they would always be together, he clutched the model airplane to his heart squeezing his eyes shut from the heartache. "You said we'd always be together" a tear rolled down his face and hit his bed, for their case it was a case of the cliche skinny love where both of them clearing liked each other but neither of them confessed but continued to show signs of affection for each other.

The next day there was school and obviously he wanted to skip because he didn't feel like going for classes, but there was nothing he could do when his mum came in and dragged him out of his bed. He loved him mum of course and going to school was important to her and he wouldn't want his mum to be upset as well. He shuffled his feet as he made his way to school sighing ten times louder, not knowing how he could get through this day without Hyemin around. He took his seat before laying his head on the table trying to keep his mind blank and Bobby came pouncing on him "Yah Kim Hanbin where is Hyemin? Is she coming to school today or is she just late or something?" he scratched his neck hoping that B.I would have the answers but he just shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly "and what happened to you mr. grumpy pants?" Bobby patted his back not knowing why he was being like this, but knowing Hanbin it was something personal and serious because he was never someone to act like this, he would never talk about it either because he didn't want to burden anyone else so he would bottle all his feelings up. "Yah Jinhwan-ah, Hanbin is having one of those days again" he shouted across the room as he pointed to B.I, "leave him alone bobby-ah, he wants to be alone" Jinhwan gestured for him to come over and Hanbin mentally thanked Jinhwan for getting Bobby off his back, right now he didn't want to talk, he would talk to them but that time was now.

During lunch, Yunhyeong asked Hanbin to look for seats while he helped him take his lunch, but when they all started to dig in, Hanbin just stared at his plate of rice and started poking it with his spoon "Yah don't play with food" Bobby said scooping a mouthful of rice with the spoon Hanbin has in his hands then Donghyuk placed a piece of beef on top of the rice and Chanwoo topped the mouthful off with a slice of Kimchi "Ahhhhhhh~" all the members said together but B.I just stared at it "Just eat this mouth Hanbin-ah, they already prepared it nicely for you" Jinhwan patted his back and Hanbin opened his mouth listening to the oldest hyung "well done" bobby patted his head and laughed cheering him up just a little. Maybe this was what he needs, smiles and laughter....

They took him to the beach to clear his mind from all his frustrations he has built up in him, as the other members ran off to play, Jinhwan stayed behind to keep Hanbin company. "This is about Hyemin isn't it?" Jinhwan placed his hand on Hanbin's as he looked at him surprised, "h-how... did you know?" he blinked a couple of times "Yah Hanbin-ah I'm your best friend what do I not know about you? I even know your love for airplanes" he chuckled "did my mum tell you?" he sighed before continuing "I wonder whose side she is on... hais" shaking his head and looking down. "Don't hurt all by yourself, it will hurt a lot now but as time passes I promise the pain will lessen and one day it will disappear and then you'll be able to let go." Jinhwan put his arm around Hanbin's broad shoulders "you really think so?" B.I doubtfully asked "I know so" he assured B.I as they both observed the other members splash water at each other having fun and Jinhwan thought of a great idea "Yah guys I think Hanbin wants a dip in the water!" he shouted as Hanbin stared at his best friend in horror. The boys came running to catch B.I, Donghyuk carried his legs and Junhoe carried his arms, Yunhyeong started cheering and threw sand at him "this is not funny guys, you are nice kids..." he struggled but it was too late as they threw him into the cold water. "ahhhhh you kids..." he stood up all drenched as the boys ran away not wanting to be the one that Hanbin strangles to death. "Jinhwan there is still nice and dry" B.I shouted playfully as Chanwoo and Bobby dragged him to the water "yah i'm your hyung chanwoo-ah" he pouted but this was a once in a lifetime chance and they were not going to let it pass. Hanbin cracked up as he saw Jinhwan's body meet the cold surface of the ocean then getting up to run after Chanwoo "yah you maknae! how could you do this to your hyung!"

The boys walked B.I home after that even after he scolded them but they trailed him from behind "yah i'm not 5 why do you have to follow me home" he whined as he got into his house and waved goodbye to them. He dragged his feet into his room but his slight happiness was diminished the moment his eyes landed on the airplane model on his bed crushing his smile. Something came over him and he went into the storeroom and grabbed a cardboard box then storming into his room and throwing everything about airplanes in it, he started from the posters to the books and the sweaters, the airplane plushie and his dad's pilot hat and lastly the airplane model which he stared at it for awhile before heartlessly dumping it into the box. He walked outside his house and was about to dump it into the large bin in the neighbourhood before someone held his arm stopping him from doing so. "Hanbin-ah" a voice called out for him and he recognised that voice as he turned his head to meet the girl he ran after "hyemin?" he cried out "stop, what are you doing, why are you throwing all of these away?" she snatched the box from him and looked through it "these... these are your airplanes and your dreams what are you doing?" tears formed in her eyes as she stared at B.I who was more concerned about how she was still in Korea. "Aren't you supposed to be in America or something?" he gulped "I... I was b-but...." she looked away sniffling "I missed you, so I flew back, I just wanted to see you again" her voice trembled as he pulled her into a hug, her head resting on his chest as she sobbed soaking his shirt. "Hyemin... I missed you too, please don't leave me again" his hand rested on her back and the other on the back of head bringing her closer to him. "I won't... I won't leave you ever again."